Photo
- - - - -

GM confident in Cam Newton aka Joe Person is a moron

Best Answer Frash Brastard, 30 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

you know how hated person is on here when people are applauding yasinskas articles because he fuged up that badly on twitter

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#16 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

I am the last guy to defend Person but I did hear him on a radio show today talking about the same thing. His verbal account was not at all scathing towards Newton but rather sounded like an overall comment on the state of the team in general (IMO). Mentioned that Gettleman paused to gather thoughts. That said, I dont think that was accurately articulated in print.

I think this has to do with Person and the Observer being able to write and edit a story quickly.

God forbid he is not able to communicate properly in print..ya know..his job.

#17 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

So how long before Joe is reassigned and covering Mid-Western Carolina Vocational Women's Volleyball?

#18 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,317 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

Dear ESPN, please hire Joe Person and have him cover the AFC East.

#19 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,452 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

We as Panther fans honestly should start a petition. We deserve a better beat writer.

I'd take Jonathan Jones.

McClatchy probably would have been wise to keep Gantt, but that ship has sailed.

#20 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,920 posts

And some people wonder why others hate on Person and take every opportunity to ridicule him.  Person is absolutely horrible and not ONLY because he never knows anything until at least a day after everyone else.

#21 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,295 posts

you know how hated person is on here when people are applauding yasinskas articles because he fuged up that badly on twitter

this was my dilemma. i hated giving props to yas. person is floating down towards peter king and adam schein levels of douchiness in "journalism".

#22 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,682 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

I went back and read Person's blog post on this topic and he clearly left out some important information.

Regardless of if he was trying to skew Gettleman's quotes or not, he successfully caused people to question Gettleman's comments which most would chalk down to poor reporting.

I will say that it's very convenient that Joe's quote stops after Gettleman says "now it's time to win".

Uh-Oh Joe is at it again.

#23 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,688 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

this was my dilemma. i hated giving props to yas. person is floating down towards peter king and adam schein levels of douchiness in "journalism".

The worst part about it is, while peter king and adam schein may talk about the panthers once every 3 months worth of articles, joe person is our actual fuging beat reporter for the charlotte observer, the largest newspaper in the carolinas based in the city the panthers are headquartered in

it can't get any worse for journalism on this team

#24 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,688 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

i imagine person tweeted his misinterpretation of this statement in between hits of meth

#25 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,194 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

and to think people complained when Gantt was our beat writer

#26 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,452 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

Person rewrites his own story here: http://www.charlotte...ilt-to-win.html

#27 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,157 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

What do you expect from someone who wears socks with sandals

#28 Creep59

Creep59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHatteras Canyon

yasinkas was there for gettleman's presser where joe "spin doctor" person came up with this whole "it's time for cam to start winning" crap got started.

here is a little something that person likes to leave out...context and complete comments, per yas.

joe person is trying to stir poo up, per usual, and people really bit.

is it time to start winning? absolutely.

is he doubting that cam is the guy to lead the franchise? absolutely not.

is he putting it all on cam? absolutely not...unless you are buying what person is trying to spin.

moral of the story...don't believe the spin that person tries feeding people. there's always a lot more to the story and a lot that he leaves out because it doesn't create the headlines he wants.

so this is just Yastanissies take .............. in other words another opinion of the same occurence?

#29 Creep59

Creep59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHatteras Canyon

yasinkas was there for gettleman's presser where joe "spin doctor" person came up with this whole "it's time for cam to start winning" crap got started.

here is a little something that person likes to leave out...context and complete comments, per yas.

joe person is trying to stir poo up, per usual, and people really bit.

is it time to start winning? absolutely.

is he doubting that cam is the guy to lead the franchise? absolutely not.

is he putting it all on cam? absolutely not...unless you are buying what person is trying to spin.

moral of the story...don't believe the spin that person tries feeding people. there's always a lot more to the story and a lot that he leaves out because it doesn't create the headlines he wants.

so this is just Yastanissies take .............. in other words another opinion of the same occurence?

#30 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

Person is an embarrassment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com