Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Carolina Panthers Kenjon Barner Rising

36 posts in this topic

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

Not really sure he warrants the name barnburner based on his 40 time at the combine. But I m hoping he can contribute in some form or fashion this season. Should get a good healthy look at him throughout the preseason.

Posted

Not really sure he warrants the name barnburner based on his 40 time at the combine.

I will take amazing quickness over an amazing 40 time for a running back any day of the week. Armond Smith is faster than Kenjon, but not quicker. Smith is not rising in the ranks.

4 people like this

Posted

Kenjon also ran mid 4.3s at his pro-day. He's not that slow...

3 people like this

Posted

Athleticism and intelligence - we need more of this.

Posted

Nice write-up, Zod. If I didn't know any better I'd think that you must have used a ghost writer (LOL).  Seriously, it's nice to see Barner stepping up. He has his entire life, and I'd be highly disappointed if he doesn't do the same in the NFL.

Posted

why would we get rid of Stew or delo when Gettleman just restructured both their contracts?  Would it save us money?  Are contracts not legally binding?  Just wondering.

Posted

I hope Zod's predictions have gotten better than when he said Fua and McClain were going to break out.

/sarc

I do think Barner can produce. Agree, he does run lower now in the TC vids than in the Oregon youtube vids. Not sure if the Dunn comparison is valid. Will admit that I didn't watch that much Dunn when he was at Tampa.

Posted

Meh, you guys can call him Barnburner but I'm calling him F-Zero.

Posted

On the first day of training camp, Barner saw time mainly with the 3rd and 4th string units. More recently he has been running with the second string unit led by Derrick Anderson. It appears Barner's stock is rising.

Derek.

No offense.

Posted

I love being decisive to the hole. 

It's got to be the right hole.

2 people like this

Posted

With Stew out, we have a short yardage back, a change-of-pace, third down back, and an everydown back.  Never had those options before.