Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Carolina Panthers Kenjon Barner Rising

36 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I look at it this way.

Kenjon Barner allows Stewart to get healthy and not rush a comeback.

There have been times when Stewart has rushed back from injuries, but now with Barner he can take his sweet time coming back. If he thinks he can play week two then that's fine or if he has to wait until week 15 then that's fine as well.

Posted · Report post

Double.

Posted · Report post

Haven't heard but has he been back working with the KR as well?  I know Williams returned some kicks as a rookie.  With his abilities and him being the 3rd RB at most, figured he would be in the picture for the KR spot back with Ginn

Posted · Report post

How would you say that Barner compares to A. Smith and T. Poole? 

Posted · Report post

I have no doubt Barner will be a star in this league but he may not receive much opportunity.  He has a couple of high salaries in front of him and I seriously doubt carolina will place those salaries on the bench in favor of Barner. I expect to see him on KOR and possibly screens, unless there is an injury, I dont see him running out of the backfield much this year.

Posted · Report post

I know this isn't how he does on the field, but he did pretty well!  I like him a lot!  I think he will play a lot in the next few years... 

Curt 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I have no doubt Barner will be a star in this league but he may not receive much opportunity.  He has a couple of high salaries in front of him and I seriously doubt carolina will place those salaries on the bench in favor of Barner. I expect to see him on KOR and possibly screens, unless there is an injury, I dont see him running out of the backfield much this year.

Barner will get his opportunities to be productive, regardless if it's out of the backfield or not. But, in regards to the backfield, I don't think salaries in front of him will be taken into account in the slightest if he proves to be able to move the chains. Rivera isn't the type of guy who is afraid to sit a man down if he believes the back-up is apt to be more effective. Politics be damned on the sidelines. Everyone wants the player on the field that affords the team the best chance to win (not saying that Barner is or isn't that guy).

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm beginning to think the best place to draft a running back is in the 6th round. Alfred Morris last year maybe Kenjon Barner this year. 

Posted · Report post

It's got to be the right hole.

That's very true.  It takes one indecisive move to end up with a shitty day. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

How would you say that Barner compares to A. Smith and T. Poole?

I'm going off one day of watching training camp so someone may contradict me, but I will say light years ahead of Smith. Poole runs kinda similar - low, quick, elusive. The difference is that Barner hits holes with authority while Poole dances around in the backfield (think Deshaun Foster)

Posted · Report post

I'm going off one day of watching training camp so someone may contradict me, but I will say light years ahead of Smith. Poole runs kinda similar - low, quick, elusive. The difference is that Barner hits holes with authority while Poole dances around in the backfield (think Deshaun Foster)

Wow, I look forward to seeing him in preseason, which fortunately isn't that far away...