#31 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,062 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

I have no doubt Barner will be a star in this league but he may not receive much opportunity.  He has a couple of high salaries in front of him and I seriously doubt carolina will place those salaries on the bench in favor of Barner. I expect to see him on KOR and possibly screens, unless there is an injury, I dont see him running out of the backfield much this year.

Barner will get his opportunities to be productive, regardless if it's out of the backfield or not. But, in regards to the backfield, I don't think salaries in front of him will be taken into account in the slightest if he proves to be able to move the chains. Rivera isn't the type of guy who is afraid to sit a man down if he believes the back-up is apt to be more effective. Politics be damned on the sidelines. Everyone wants the player on the field that affords the team the best chance to win (not saying that Barner is or isn't that guy).

#32 ChinaPanther

ChinaPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

I'm beginning to think the best place to draft a running back is in the 6th round. Alfred Morris last year maybe Kenjon Barner this year. 

#33 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

It's got to be the right hole.

That's very true.  It takes one indecisive move to end up with a shitty day. 

#34 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,624 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

How would you say that Barner compares to A. Smith and T. Poole?

I'm going off one day of watching training camp so someone may contradict me, but I will say light years ahead of Smith. Poole runs kinda similar - low, quick, elusive. The difference is that Barner hits holes with authority while Poole dances around in the backfield (think Deshaun Foster)

#35 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,214 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

I'm going off one day of watching training camp so someone may contradict me, but I will say light years ahead of Smith. Poole runs kinda similar - low, quick, elusive. The difference is that Barner hits holes with authority while Poole dances around in the backfield (think Deshaun Foster)

Wow, I look forward to seeing him in preseason, which fortunately isn't that far away...

#36 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,041 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:11 AM

This pic of Barner and DeAngelo was surprising to me, because I was thinking of Barner as a "little guy": 

1c5N8e.St.138.jpeg

Link: http://www.charlotte...ers-080113.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Training Camp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com