Photo
- - - - -

What exactly is the point of running a conservative offense?!?

Best Answer Zod, 31 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

1. Minimize turnovers

2. Maximize time of posession

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#46 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,547 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

I think that people think a conservative offense is a bad thing or that it means we will run the ball 3 times and punt and that isn't necessarily a conservative offense.  A conservative offense makes high percentage plays, picks low hanging fruit, and doesn't take unnecessary chances by turning over the ball.  It could be a running or passing offense.   Conservative means conserving resources, not prone to impulsive changes, traditional and consistent.  Not really that bad. 

#47 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:55 PM   Best Answer

1. Minimize turnovers

2. Maximize time of posession

#48 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,294 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

Be consistent on Offense. Don't turn the ball over, take what the D gives you, be patient, yet still be aggressive. Things we were doing at the end of last year.

With our Defense we should get more short fields. We shouldn't be under pressure to score every time we get the ball. We also shouldn't have to march 80+ yards every time we get the ball.

Less pressure on the O allows them to do what they want, staying within themselves. Let Cam be Cam and this O should be good enough to win. We now have a D that should allow this to be true.

#49 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,815 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

I mean seriously what the hell. That's for a QB like Jimmy. We have Cam fuging Newton. Steve Smith on the side. Brandon "I catch when I wanna" Lafell. Our Backs our second to none. I just don't get it. Play to Cam's strength and spread it off. If I'm not mistaking conservative is what got Fox the door? And what Rivera said was the opposite he was going to do.

Dumbass, how about we play to our strengths: Dwill, Stew, Tolbert and Barner.
Very bright!

#50 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

Very bright!

Dumbass if I can recall correctly, D Will couldn't stand on his on two feet. Stew is not even on the field. Barner is a scat back. And Tolbert is the fullback. VERY BRIGHT! 

#51 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,816 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

The last time Stewart and Williams were a strength, Calle Ocho was a hit

#52 NegroDamus

NegroDamus

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

I view conservative football as an approach where everything is balanced. Not taking extreme risk, but taking everything one play at a time rather than trying to make a big play a majority of the time.

#53 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

Not sure why some are using the Pat's as a team or scheme to emulate.

They have been fortunate to have an exceptionally good QB and to play in one of the NFL's weakest divisions. The relevant teams in the AFC are probably limited to Denver, maybe the Ravens and maybe the Texans.

The strength in the NFL is found in the NFC, and we should strive to equal or surpass teams like SF, Seattle, Green Bay and the NFCS rivals.

The Pat's are not particularly relevant to us.

#54 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

Very bright!

24 hour suspension for needless name calling

#55 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Am I the only one who giggles whenever somebody tries to claim "ZOMG LOOK AT HOW MANY WEAPONZ WE GOT?!" and then proceeds to list four or five players at the exact same position who will seldom ever have more than one of them on the field at the same time.

#56 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,277 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Just let Cam audible

#57 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,162 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

24 hour suspension for needless name calling

Thank zod!

#58 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,546 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

Not sure why some are using the Pat's as a team or scheme to emulate.

They have been fortunate to have an exceptionally good QB and to play in one of the NFL's weakest divisions. The relevant teams in the AFC are probably limited to Denver, maybe the Ravens and maybe the Texans.

The strength in the NFL is found in the NFC, and we should strive to equal or surpass teams like SF, Seattle, Green Bay and the NFCS rivals.

The Pat's are not particularly relevant to us.

TBH, I was hoping to get a "Pats run a lot because they play in a weak division and usually just try to run out the clock" from Mr. Love, but no... just "well they pass more"
Strange the Patriots have won as many superbowls as the panthers since correy dillon left.

Anyway... I quoted you to thank you for pointing out that the top teams in the AFC are also some of the top rushing teams in the NFL.

#59 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,816 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

If I point out that point about Corey Dillon is irrelevant what other poo are you going to throw at the wall hoping something sticks to protect your outdated, formulaic non-opinion regarding offense?

tumblr_mmp2kr1IpZ1rho46co1_400.gif

#60 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,546 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

What is irrelevant about winning 0 Super Bowls since your last good running back?

Speaking of outdated, you're still stuck in 2010 and 2011 when the top rushing teams did nothing and the winning teams hardly rushed. Times are a changing, man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.