50 replies to this topic

#1 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

Don't like either of these guys but it is good analysis and I agree with both.  This is the year for Cam.  No more excuses...

http://espn.go.com/b...m-newton-to-win

#2 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

I could not give a poo less what those two chuckleheads have to say.

#3 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

Time that football really starts, those guys just keep repeating each other.

And still get paid for it, damn.

#4 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,171 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

What controversy?  

#5 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

I wish I didn't watch that.

fuging joe person. fire that bitch.

#6 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,256 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

I wish I didn't watch that.

fuging joe person. fire that bitch.

Anyone notice how much he stirs up poo?

#7 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

What controversy?  

I was going to say the same thing!

#8 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,161 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

What controversy?  

this.

you talking about the whole joe person contrived spin on gettleman's comments and "the pause" that no one else there thought meant anything at all?

#9 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,506 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

Both were pretty accurate and fair with their comments and perspective.

Both love Cam's talent.......both say he is likely to have a breakout year....but, you have to lead your team to wins.

#10 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

Wtf? Did they really just ask about "giving up" on Cam as our QB? Seriously...wtf? He's going into year 3 having had, statistically, the best first 2 seasons by a qb EVER...EVER! Ain't nobody in their right mind giving up on that! Wtf is this crap? I stopped the video when I heard that question. Obviously not worth watching.

#11 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,161 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

Wtf? Did they really just ask about "giving up" on Cam as our QB? Seriously...wtf? He's going into year 3 having had, statistically, the best first 2 seasons by a qb EVER...EVER! Ain't nobody in their right mind giving up on that! Wtf is this crap? I stopped the video when I heard that question. Obviously not worth watching.

is it ever?

#12 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

People overreacting big time. Even if we have another meh year Gettleman is crazy if he thinks he's gonna be able to find another young QB better than Cam, and I think Gett. Knows that

#13 Your GFs favorite huddler

Your GFs favorite huddler

• ALL-PRO
  • 935 posts
  • LocationRural Hall, nc

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

This whole situation was so unnessecary I don't understand why as a GM, when we re taking so much momentum into this season, why was this statement nessecary? Why throw this wrench into our organization and bring on all this flack? As if being a starting qb in the nfl isn't enough pressure you throw this added pressure in! I have all the faith in the world in cam...I really hope he dominates this year!! And be like "hey G-Man! Gimmmeeeee myyyy Moooonnneeeeyyyy!!"

#14 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Both were pretty accurate and fair with their comments and perspective.

Both love Cam's talent.......both say he is likely to have a breakout year....but, you have to lead your team to wins.

Agreed.  Both were pretty fair and I'd say accurate as well.  

#15 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

Every time someone posts about Cam needing to win and compares him to Luck's record I am going to re-post my post from months

ago.

In order to follow this logic I would have to concede that winning games, 4th quarter comebacks, and game winning drives are all a direct parallel to the QB position.

But for sh1ts and giggles lets look at some of the games the Colts won and compare those to our Panthers and you can tell me what you think.

Minnesota: Indy won on a 53 yard field goal

Cleveland: Indy hold a 4 point lead going into the 4th quarter. Defense does not give up a single point in 4th and Indy wins by 4 points

Tennessee: Indy ties the game with 3:24 left in regulation. Colt's defense holds tie and Colts win in OT

Miami: Colts take a 3 point lead with 5:58 left in the game. Defense preserves the lead

Buffalo: Colts take a 7 point lead with 11:30 to go in the 4th quarter. Defense preserves that lead

Tennessee: Colts takes a 1 point lead with 6:23 left in the 4th quarter. Defense preserves that lead and Colts win by 4

Kansas City: Colts take 7 point lead with 4:08 to go in the 4th quarter. Defense preserves lead.

Okay. That is 7 of the 11 games that they won. Now ask yourself these questions. How many times has the Panthers defense preserved a one score lead in the 4th quarter with 3:00+ remaining? Do we have a kicker that you feel comfortable with trying a 50+ yard field goal for a win? How many more wins would Cam have if we did these things? How many more 4th quarter comebacks would Cam have if we did those things?

Our defense may have been better overall, but Indy's defense was timely. If the Colts had defensive breakdowns late in games like we did against CHI, Tampa, Dallas, KC, etc. that could be the difference between the Colts being 11-5 and Luck having a bunch of GWDs and 4QCs and the Colts being 4-12. And it was the difference in us going 7-9 instead of possibly 11-5 and Cam having more GWDs and 4QCs.

You talk about people looking at stats, but that is all you have done. You have just relied on GWD and 4th quarter comebacks, coupled those with wins and say that winning as a QB is all that matters.

4th quarter comebacks and GWDs are really great. But there is another side that can help pad those particular stats. The Colts defense did it and we had breakdowns. Simple as that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com