• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaPanthers8789

If It Wasn't Clear That We Need Offensive Line Help (OTL Stat)

Guys, it's not like we needed a stat to tell us that we need improvements on the O-line. The same can be said of Newton's decision making. What's really going on here?

Its-Obvious-500x595.jpg

Why does she have difficulty standing up? Tell me.

Being Getts went on and on bout hog mollies I can't imagine that he doesn't want a dominate oline.

Being Getts went on and on bout hog mollies I can't imagine that he doesn't want a dominate oline.

He can start by using some of that $12.5 mil in cap room to sign Brandon Moore.

He can start by using some of that $12.5 mil in cap room to sign Brandon Moore.

I'm confident he has his own plan for it.

He has done well so far, I will not assume he is ignorant.

Why does she have difficulty standing up? Tell me.

Well, it's either one of two things:

1. Her jugs are weighing her down

2. That ass has to hold the wall up.

You decide.

After we draft a WR with our first pick next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see us take 4-5 OLmen.

A few thoughts:

1) Kalil was our center for some of the worst O-line performances last year. The line actually began to perform better as the injuries mounted and guys like Byers were playing. Does that mean Byers et al are better than Kalil and the other starters, or is the answer found in one of CRA's points earlier in this thread?

2) The key point made by CRA and others has to do with changes in play calling as the year went on. Routes were shortened, checkdowns became available, and we used more 2 TE and max protect sets. That is a big part of why Cam and the O-line improved as the year progressed.

3) Cam takes fewer big sacks than just about any QB in the league thanks to his legs. He broke many big runs on scrambles. There are times he should just throw it away, but they are rare.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Anybody care to turn this into a number game?

Let's assuming the blame equation looks like this.

Blame = Cam + Chud + OLine

We could also put RR in there, but for our purposes let's assume that as the head coach RR's responsibility = Chud's responsibility.

Let's also assuming Blame is equal to 100 percent. So what percentage of blame would you assign to each party? Here's mine:

Cam - 15%

Chud - 60%

OLine - 25%

Anybody care to turn this into a number game?

Let's assuming the blame equation looks like this.

Blame = Cam + Chud + OLine

We could also put RR in there, but for our purposes let's assume that as the head coach RR's responsibility = Chud's responsibility.

Let's also assuming Blame is equal to 100 percent. So what percentage of blame would you assign to each party? Here's mine:

Cam - 15%

Chud - 60%

OLine - 25%

We won't be able to tell until the first few games.

Simply from practice reports it sounds more like...

Cam- 5%

Chud- 25%

O-Line- 70%

If you wish to buy that politically-correct BS and ignore Cam's own frustrations after those games, then more power to you. During our 2-8 stretch, Cam was seeking home runs because of our offensive struggles (thanks impart to Chud and O-Line play). All QBs in that position would start to swing for the fences too, especially when your defense and special teams leave no room for error, and can't preserve leads. Anyone who has seen Newton play before knew that he reacting uncharacteristically during the first half of the season.

Yeah because up to that point no one has ever said that he gets down on himself and tries to do too much.  No one had criticized him for getting all frustrated and cares more about his own feelings than he does about being positive to help the team and show leadership.

And Cam himself didn't say that he is working on being more of a leader and staying  positive instead of being Mr Mopeyhead.

Yeah it was all Chud and the O-line.

You must be the president of the BNJS.  If you don't know know what that means ask someone who was around when Jake was here. 

A few thoughts:

1) Kalil was our center for some of the worst O-line performances last year. The line actually began to perform better as the injuries mounted and guys like Byers were playing. Does that mean Byers et al are better than Kalil and the other starters, or is the answer found in one of CRA's points earlier in this thread?

2) The key point made by CRA and others has to do with changes in play calling as the year went on. Routes were shortened, checkdowns became available, and we used more 2 TE and max protect sets. That is a big part of why Cam and the O-line improved as the year progressed.

3) Cam takes fewer big sacks than just about any QB in the league thanks to his legs. He broke many big runs on scrambles. There are times he should just throw it away, but they are rare.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Who was next to Kalil at the beginning of the year?  Oh yeah, a rookie with no starting experience.  Couldn't be that as he got experience he helped shore up his position and Bell got more experience and improved as well. How do you make the passing game better?  Run the ball better??

What if the biggest changes were going to a more power running game which opened up play action,slowed down the pass rush and made the passing game better.  Did we call shorter routes and more checkdowns or did Shula work with Cam to hit the checkdowns and look for receivers quicker? Maybe a combination of both....

Nobody debates that Newton is elusive and can break big runs with his legs. No one debates that the Oline was not good. Even Cam says he needs to get better so why is it even a debate.