Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One more Brandon Williams play

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Im still mind-blogged that Naka is still on the team.

1 person likes this

Posted

Can someone talk me down from the irrational hate I have everytime I see nakumura?

Its not irrational, he flat out blew games for us last year.  The coolest thing he did was when he Judo Threw a Saints player on the ground after the dude was getting chippy after the whistle.

I'd love Nak to stick around as a ST guy, but his ball skills are just not suited for modern NFL offenses.

Posted

Oh man I wish Williams just lowered his shoulder and popped Nak.

Williams has been out of football for a while and it is going to be scary when he gets more and more comfortable every day. Really pulling for this kid to stick with this team and make an impact. If he blossomed into a legit weapon that would allow us to bypass drafting another TE and we could draft something like: Tackle, Reciever, Safety/Corner, Guard next draft which would greatly improve this offense.

2 people like this

Posted

pulling for this guy. what a great story. has all the tools, just needs to shake some rust off, but he is already getting noticed.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope he does not get injured. I hope he makes the team. I hope he makes that superbowl winning TD catch.

Posted

Zod must really be impressed. From Woody to Chubby. That's evolution.

Posted

Yeah, Zod has a couple new love affairs in Williams and Barner. Can't say I blame him. I got a chub myself!

Posted

Williams looked like he wanted to lay the hammer down on Naka.

Posted

Its not irrational, he flat out blew games for us last year. The coolest thing he did was when he Judo Threw a Saints player on the ground after the dude was getting chippy after the whistle.

I'd love Nak to stick around as a ST guy, but his ball skills are just not suited for modern NFL offenses.

With MMA's popularity, grappling arts such as greco-roman wrestling and judo are now being practiced by a larger number of football players in the off-season. If there's no rule against sweeps, trips and throws, then I say take advantage of it.

suhcut.gif

Posted

I don't understand why everyone is so hard on Naka...it's was only like 8 or 22 plays that he was absolutely terrible on.  

Posted

With MMA's popularity, grappling arts such as greco-roman wrestling and judo are now being practiced by a larger number of football players in the off-season. If there's no rule against sweeps, trips and throws, then I say take advantage of it.

suhcut.gif

Oh no I'm all in favor of it.  I especially think what is taught in grappling arts is very beneficial to guys on the line.  Gets those hands and feet quick and teaches you to constantly re position them to maximize your strength and weight, while at the same time trains you to constantly keep opponents off balance.

The reason I thought the Judo throw was funny was just because it was well after a whistle was blown and so sneaky and fast the refs didn't see it. 

Posted

It said when Nakamura's best play came after the whistle when he went all Kung-Fu on a Saints player.