#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,491 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

Robert Johnson (2014 SG), ranked as the 25th best shooting guard in the 2014 class. Johnson's recently trimmed his list to seven teams: UNC, Indiana, Georgetown, Miami, FSU, UVA, and Pittsburgh.

Brandon Ingram (2015 SF), ranked as the 12th best player and the 2nd best small forward in the 2015 class.

Perry Dozier (2015 SG), ranked as the 22nd best player and the 7th best shooting guard in the 2015 class.

Luke Kennard (2015 SG), ranked as the 30th best player and the 10th best shooting guard in the 2015 class.

#2 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

Robert Johnson (2014 SG), ranked as the 25th best shooting guard in the 2014 class. Johnson's recently trimmed his list to seven teams: UNC, Indiana, Georgetown, Miami, FSU, UVA, and Pittsburgh.

Brandon Ingram (2015 SF), ranked as the 12th best player and the 2nd best small forward in the 2015 class.

Perry Dozier (2015 SG), ranked as the 22nd best player and the 7th best shooting guard in the 2015 class.

Luke Kennard (2015 SG), ranked as the 30th best player and the 10th best shooting guard in the 2015 class.

Step off the jump shooting white dudes.  Coach K has cornered the market on them.

#3 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

So you're telling me there's a chance....

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationAspin, Colorado

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

I hate Dook but I must admit, Coach K out recruits Roy every year. When Roy does "win", our reward is Harrison Barnes.

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

I hate Dook but I must admit, Coach K out recruits Roy every year. When Roy does "win", our reward is Harrison Barnes.

As much as it pains me to say this, I agree and it looks like it might happen again.

Okafor and Jones are Duke leans according to Okafor's AAU coach.

#5 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

I do however think 2016 will finally be the year Carolina pulls off a historic class.

According to a few people they they think that Harry Giles, Seventh Woods, and a few other guys might join up and all go to UNC.

#6 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

I was really glad when Roy came back to UNC and quickly delivered 2 NCAA championships (although the 2005 team was mostly with Matt's recruiting class), but 'ole Roy seems to have lost it a bit over the last few years. He has hurt himself and the program by (I think) encouraging his players to turn pro even though it was painfully obvious they were nowhere near ready enough. I'm not sure how much longer Roy plans to coach, but it may be time to start grooming his predecessor NOW.

#7 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

I was really glad when Roy came back to UNC and quickly delivered 2 NCAA championships (although the 2005 team was mostly with Matt's recruiting class), but 'ole Roy seems to have lost it a bit over the last few years. He has hurt himself and the program by (I think) encouraging his players to turn pro even though it was painfully obvious they were nowhere near ready enough. I'm not sure how much longer Roy plans to coach, but it may be time to start grooming his predecessor NOW.

I'll be honest, I was upset when Stevens decided to take the Celtics job, I was banking on him.

Now I'm keeping my eye on Jerrod Hasse, Mark Turgeon, Hubert Davis, Wes Miller, Brad Frederik, Buzz Peterson, Jeff Lebo, Kevin Stallings, and Steve Robinson due to their ties to UNC.

Guys that don't have ties to UNC that I'm interested in are Brad Stevens (if he fails in the NBA), Shaka Smart, Andy Enfield, and Billy Donavan.

#8 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

I'll be honest, I was upset when Stevens decided to take the Celtics job, I was banking on him.

Now I'm keeping my eye on Jerrod Hasse, Mark Turgeon, Hubert Davis, Wes Miller, Brad Frederik, Buzz Peterson, Jeff Lebo, Kevin Stallings, and Steve Robinson due to their ties to UNC.

Guys that don't have ties to UNC that I'm interested in are Brad Stevens (if he fails in the NBA), Shaka Smart, Andy Enfield, and Billy Donavan.

Nice choices. 

#9 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

Very fickle aren't we.

#10 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,537 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Seventh?

I do however think 2016 will finally be the year Carolina pulls off a historic class.

According to a few people they they think that Harry Giles, Seventh Woods, and a few other guys might join up and all go to UNC.

#11 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

Seventh?

Lol yeah, I don't know what his parents were thinking.

#12 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,713 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:21 AM

Ran into Kennedy Meeks and Nate Britt while wearing a sleeping bad as a cloak tonight. Irrelevant but ayyyy who cares. Peace, my brothers.

#13 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,861 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

As much as it pains me to say this, I agree and it looks like it might happen again.

Okafor and Jones are Duke leans according to Okafor's AAU coach.

Unless somebody screws something up, those two are a done deal. Obviously nothing concrete and just hearsay, but Tyus already is at least from what I've seen. 

Both Carolina and Duke should have great 2014 classes, with Duke potentially having a scary good team in 2014. IMO Carolina's next year shot at a title, unless some surprises happen and players mature earlier than expected, is probably 2015-2016 with some of the recruits you mentioned coming in to give Roy a team of stars. 

#14 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

Where gonna have a chance to win it all 2014- 2015. Do agree the following year we should be stacked at every position. Roy just needs to stop offering so many projects & learn to adjust to the ever changing game or he might need to be gone sooner rather then later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.