Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Curry Wants Bobcats, Workout Scheduled

32 posts in this topic

Posted

@rick_bonnell: Bobcats plan to work out Seth Curry in coming weeks. Leg injury kept him from playing for Bobcats' summer-league team.

Posted

I'm not sure of the validity of this article because it goes against what Seth said, (according to Curry, if the Bobcats offer a training camp invitation; he will accept it) and on top of that I couldn't find it on the Roanoke Times website but nonetheless here is an excerpt from HoopsHype.

Seth Curry said he now feels about 85 percent healthy and expects to compete in an NBA training camp in the fall. He said he has received camp invitations from the Warriors, San Antonio Spurs, Minnesota Timberwolves and Charlotte Bobcats but has yet to pick one of those teams. “I’m just trying to get healthy right now and do some workouts for a few teams,” he said. “I did pretty well [while] injured, so once I get back 100 percent and show teams I can handle the ball full time, then I have a lot of confidence in myself.” Roanoke Times

Posted

Apparently he's signing with the Warriors tomorrow. No surprise there

Posted

Southerland accepted an invite.

Posted

Paul George? They aren't letting George go. Why would they let their best young talent go? It's not gonna happen.

Getting back on subject, I wouldn't mind giving Seth Curry the opportunity to really show what he's got. Depending on the money, he could be a real steal. He seems intent on playing in Charlotte, so a hometown "discount", if you will, is almost a surety.  I have my misgivings (and this coming from a Duke fan), but Curry can earn a bigger contract if his play actually warrants one.

Posted

Paul George? They aren't letting George go. Why would they let their best young talent go? It's not gonna happen.

Getting back on subject, I wouldn't mind giving Seth Curry the opportunity to really show what he's got. Depending on the money, he could be a real steal. He seems intent on playing in Charlotte, so a hometown "discount", if you will, is almost a surety.  I have my misgivings (and this coming from a Duke fan), but Curry can earn a bigger contract if his play actually warrants one.

Dude,  he signed with the Warriors over the weekend.

Posted

Dude,  he signed with the Warriors over the weekend.

Well, damn. Thanks for letting me know. I seriously was watching preseason games on NFLN all weekend.

TBH he wasn't all that anyway (LOL).  I m skeptical that he could ever seriously be anything more than a spot-up jumper on the pro level. I certainly don't believe in his ability to play the point. The team can do better.

Posted

Well, damn. Thanks for letting me know. I seriously was watching preseason games on NFLN all weekend.

TBH he wasn't all that anyway (LOL).  I m skeptical that he could ever seriously be anything more than a spot-up jumper on the pro level. I certainly don't believe in his ability to play the point. The team can do better.

It's a bit of a bummer for me, but at the same time, he was never gonna play.