• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

Was so pissed this game. Would love for him to do this.

I too was so pissed at this game, I'm not even going to watch the youtube vid. But if the Hornets do sign him, it will be a good move. 

#17 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,823 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Was so pissed this game. Would love for him to do this.

I was there, just off to the right of the basket in the front row of the student section.

This is why I don't want Curry, and yes, it's personal.

We talked so much trash to him before the game, even started a "Brother's better" and later a "Little brother" chant with my bud, then he showed us up hard in the game and kept taunting us and stuff. But then again, if we land Seth, maybe Steph will wanna join him soon enough?  :cam:

#18 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

I don't know if they wouldn't.   His rookie contract is up soon and he will be looking for a max contract, something I think it will be difficult for the Pacers to give him.  If they get into negotiating and find that he is asking for too much, they might not have a choice.  A package with Gordon(cap relief), MKG(young player with loads of potential) and a lottery pick in the best draft of the last decade would give them a pretty good return for a player they would have to let walk for nothing.

No chance they trade Paul George. They have made sure to have cap space open for next season so that they can for sure sign him. Everyone knows that Paul George will be getting a max contract and there was a report out a few days ago that the Pacers and Paul George have already begun contract extension talks. I would be completely shocked if they traded him, and even more shocked if they traded him to Charlotte for MKG, Ben Gordon, and a 1st round pick.

Indiana will more than likely give Paul George a max deal regardless of where they are with their salary cap.  Teams have the ability to go over the cap to re-sign their own players... it is called owning their Bird Rights.

#19 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

Now how could we have a workout scheduled with a player under contract with another team?

Curry wants Bobcats?

Sorry but when I hear the last name Curry I thought Steph Curry. I didn't know Seth Curry was so good that he only went by his last name.

As for signing him, I really don't think he will be an NBA player. He doesn't have the speed or athletic ability to play in the NBA. He also is not as good as a shooter as his brother and father.

There was a reason he wasn't drafted.

#20 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

Indiana will more than likely give Paul George a max deal regardless of where they are with their salary cap.  Teams have the ability to go over the cap to re-sign their own players... it is called owning their Bird Rights.

I understand that, but Indiana doesn't want to go over the cap. 

#21 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,851 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

There was a reason he wasn't drafted.

Yes there is...he was injured. Teams didn't want to burn a second-round pick on someone hurt. Sign the guy if he's healthy and can hit the three.

#22 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hopefully things go well and they make him a contract offer, I think he will be a good player coming off the bench for the team.

#23 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

Curty is good

#24 PantherAZ

PantherAZ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

You can't have a Charlotte Hornets team without a Curry. End of story.

#25 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,025 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

@rick_bonnell: Bobcats plan to work out Seth Curry in coming weeks. Leg injury kept him from playing for Bobcats' summer-league team.

#26 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,025 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

I'm not sure of the validity of this article because it goes against what Seth said, (according to Curry, if the Bobcats offer a training camp invitation; he will accept it) and on top of that I couldn't find it on the Roanoke Times website but nonetheless here is an excerpt from HoopsHype.

Seth Curry said he now feels about 85 percent healthy and expects to compete in an NBA training camp in the fall. He said he has received camp invitations from the Warriors, San Antonio Spurs, Minnesota Timberwolves and Charlotte Bobcats but has yet to pick one of those teams. “I’m just trying to get healthy right now and do some workouts for a few teams,” he said. “I did pretty well [while] injured, so once I get back 100 percent and show teams I can handle the ball full time, then I have a lot of confidence in myself.” Roanoke Times

#27 TreFoPanther

TreFoPanther

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

Apparently he's signing with the Warriors tomorrow. No surprise there

#28 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,086 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Southerland accepted an invite.

#29 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,464 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:39 AM

Paul George? They aren't letting George go. Why would they let their best young talent go? It's not gonna happen.

Getting back on subject, I wouldn't mind giving Seth Curry the opportunity to really show what he's got. Depending on the money, he could be a real steal. He seems intent on playing in Charlotte, so a hometown "discount", if you will, is almost a surety.  I have my misgivings (and this coming from a Duke fan), but Curry can earn a bigger contract if his play actually warrants one.

#30 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,851 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

Paul George? They aren't letting George go. Why would they let their best young talent go? It's not gonna happen.

Getting back on subject, I wouldn't mind giving Seth Curry the opportunity to really show what he's got. Depending on the money, he could be a real steal. He seems intent on playing in Charlotte, so a hometown "discount", if you will, is almost a surety.  I have my misgivings (and this coming from a Duke fan), but Curry can earn a bigger contract if his play actually warrants one.

Dude,  he signed with the Warriors over the weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users