• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

It was cover three for crying out loud, even if he doesn't fall down against Roddy in ATL it was still Naka's zone to cover. Against the Bears, same story, deep cover three. Norman will be fine when he can be more physical. Captain, albeit short, is also a very physical corner. If the DTs are competent this year I believe our secondary will be able to play to their strengths and not their weaknesses.

Hell take Revis and put him in our secondary last year playing Cover 3 and the bears still would have beat us because he is a cover corner, not a zone guy. Put Sherman, Asomugna, Cromartie, or any physical corner in the 2012 defense and it would appear they would struggle.

Let the DTs shore up our run D and our DBs will be able to do what they are capable of doing, maybe more.

#32 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:51 AM

It's the David Gettis factor. You see flashes of what he can do, he has the measurable, and his potential is through the roof. But regardless of all that, he's raw. Most raw talents don't make it big time.

It has nothing to do with Gettis.  Gettis showed what he could do.  He played well.  Then he got hurt.  A year isn't a "flash".  It's not only about his measurables or potential.  It's about what he did when he played.  Looks like Gettis is the trendy new Hardy from last year and Gamble from the year before that.  The guy that a group likes to hate on and think needs to be replaced/cut WAY prematurely. Hopefully the trend continues and Gettis proves all the haters wrong.  I'm not even a big Gettis fan, never was.  I like him well enough, but I'm also not naive enough to think that just cuz Rivera wouldn't play him last year that means he's not ready to play.

#33 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,361 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

Another issue read concerning Josh was he was improvising.  Doing things outside of his responsibility.

That said they guy is 25 and from a smaller school so discipline was probably not as required as talent. 

Let him grow and I think we'll see dividends this season.

#34 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,814 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

It has nothing to do with Gettis.  Gettis showed what he could do.  He played well.  Then he got hurt.  A year isn't a "flash".  It's not only about his measurables or potential.  It's about what he did when he played.  Looks like Gettis is the trendy new Hardy from last year and Gamble from the year before that.  The guy that a group likes to hate on and think needs to be replaced/cut WAY prematurely. Hopefully the trend continues and Gettis proves all the haters wrong.  I'm not even a big Gettis fan, never was.  I like him well enough, but I'm also not naive enough to think that just cuz Rivera wouldn't play him last year that means he's not ready to play.

Gettis is one of my favorite players on the team. I even named my Fallout New Vegas character after him. I would slate him as the #2 receiver in a heartbeat if I was running this team, with LaFell at the three. I was just trying to tell the guy why people like Norman. The potential is there, and we can see it, but it may never get to be realized to it's fullest because of coaches, time, schemes, etc.

#35 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

Great potential he has. But there was a reason he was a 5th round pick. He doesn't have the best speed and gets beat too often.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Thank you, Yoda.

#36 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

He actually made an informative contribution, which nobody has ever been able to say about you here.

Bags of dicks for you sir

#37 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,680 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Bags of dicks for you sir

I'm not interested in your sexual escapades Cory.

#38 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

Talk to me on gameday. I'm done buying into this camp hype.

I mean its not like the OP specifically asked how they looked in camp or anything.

#39 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

I mean its not like the OP specifically asked how they looked in camp or anything.

It's not that, but every year people and things get talked up to only not pan out during the season. the more realistic trend is when things go bad, and they stay bad.

#40 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,724 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

If Norman is only good enough for a  backup position this year, that mean at least 2 or 3 guys are playing better..  That can mean nothing but  good things. If he becomes a starter than that means he will be playing very well. Again a good thing. I am looking forward to seeing this team in the preseason.  Especially the depth  and bubble players.

#41 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,680 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

Feldman9000 is the same mouth breather who endlessly insisted that Brandon Beane (anyone remember him?) would be hired as GM here. Yet he pops into threads and berates others as if he's some guru talent evaluator.

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com