Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carp24000

Carolina Panthers Panthers Release Hangartner

272 posts in this topic

Translation: We'll sign a veteran in week two when it's cheaper.

If sacrificing our season opener is worth saving a few extra bucks, it's gonna be a long season.

2 people like this

If sacrificing our season opener is worth saving a few extra bucks, it's gonna be a long season.

A dozen other teams will be doing the same thing. The Seahawks may even be one of them

Or what I have been thinking this whole time and what delhommey said in the other thread. You dont play up the need when you are dealing with a players agent you want to sign.

Ill be very dissapointed in gettleman is this isnt smokescreen

I'm just going to say this. This move was not about saving money. This move was about sending a message to the team, as loudly as Gettleman could. This move shows that you earn your spot in the NFL, on the Carolina Panthers. Nothing is sacred to Gettleman. You think the team doesn't know we need offensive line help, and then we go and release one of the starters that's good friends (and has great chemistry) with the rest of them? Oh, they seen it. trust me.

This move also should light a fire straight under Kugzilla's ass. You haven't practiced yet, rookie. You come into camp overweight. You think that just because you were drafted you are safe? wake up, dude.

I'm just going to say this. This move was not about saving money. This move was about sending a message to the team, as loudly as Gettleman could. This move shows that you earn your spot in the NFL, on the Carolina Panthers. Nothing is sacred to Gettleman. You think the team doesn't know we need offensive line help, and then we go and release one of the starters that's good friends (and has great chemistry) with the rest of them? Oh, they seen it. trust me.

This move also should light a fire straight under Kugzilla's ass. You haven't practiced yet, rookie. You come into camp overweight. You think that just because you were drafted you are safe? wake up, dude.

Kug showed up to camp overweight?

A dozen other teams will be doing the same thing. The Seahawks may even be one of them

Do the Seahawks have a patchwork offensive line? This dated philosophy we've been following with rolling the dice and hoping for the best has gotten us 4 winning seasons. Forgive me if I'm tired of towing the company line.

So Gettleman says its time for cam to win, then he cuts a mediocre player so an even worse player can take his place. All while we have 12 mil in cap space.

We have NO money. It's all going towards next year. What makes you think Williams is worse than Hangman? Hangman's play has seriously declined. Rivera claims Williams was supposed to be a starter awhile back but was held back due to injury. We cleared 4 mil in much needed cap space for 2013 and 2014. If Williams looks absolutely horrible we now have the option to bring in someone and STILL save money by having cut Hangman.

That's a bit dramatic. Having a below average RG shouldn't be considered "sacrificing our season opener"  If he's truly horrible they'll grab Wharton before the game and again, STILL save money.

If Hayworth Hicks makes the final 53, I'll throw piles of my poo through DG's house.

Who the fug names their son Hayworth?

Or what I have been thinking this whole time and what delhommey said in the other thread. You dont play up the need when you are dealing with a players agent you want to sign.

Ill be very dissapointed in gettleman is this isnt smokescreen

I'm hoping you are right.

Kug showed up to camp overweight?

First I heard about it. He came into camp not in shape. That doesn't mean overweight. His weight was never mentioned.

But is that really a surprise? e's a division 2 guard. He's being asked to do things now he's never done, I hope no one expected him to be ready to go.

Just read that Rivera said there are no plans to bring in a vet.

Hmmmm....

Just read that Rivera said there are no plans to bring in a vet.

Hmmmm....

It's surprising, but I think either Williams is better than us keyboard warriors believe he is, or they'll figure out he blows and bring in a vet.