Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carp24000

Carolina Panthers Panthers Release Hangartner

272 posts in this topic

Ron Rivera must not be fuging around this season.. We need to bring in at least 2 Linemen.

While he wasn't the best, he was a valuable, versatile backup. Don't know why they wouldn't gave asked him to take a pay cut.

But...whatever.

He was a joke as a run blocker last year, not surprised by this move. 

I'm guessing Gettleman had this move in mind after studying tape from last season but decided to bring Hangman back to camp 1) Until he was sure Kalil's foot had healed well and 2) to see if Hangman had anything left in the tank. 

We're obviously very interested in Wharton but he didn't want to sign for vet minimum, so we just cleared up a little more cap space for him. 

I'd expect to hear an announcement any minute now that Wharton has agreed to terms and then I'd expect to see us slide Silatolu over to RG (since by all accounts he our most powerful OL) and plug Wharton in at LG. 

Don't be surprised if we go O-Line with three out of four picks in 2013 Round 1 and 2 and 2014 Round 1 and 2.

While he wasn't the best, he was a valuable, versatile backup. Don't know why they wouldn't gave asked him to take a pay cut.

But...whatever.

How do you know they didn't?

have not read all posts on thread, but I was just out cruzin' through town in my 74 Gremlin ST, the one with the AM radio, and Joe Person was on WFNZ.  He sounded as if Kugbila is the man, that the coaches want to press the younger guys. 

Gross: "I hope management knows what they are doing."

Person also said that the one name that sticks out, the best G free agent available is also a possibility--Travelle Wharton.  (Does that not contradict something he said over the weekend?)

All of the above is true, except the Gremlin part.  I do not own one, but one can dream.

All of the above is true, except the Gremlin part.  I do not own one, but one can dream.

You're getting a Pacer, and you will like it. Or else.

For all you guys complaining about nothing to talk about on this board 3 weeks ago.  I don't think you need to complain anymore.

You're getting a Pacer, and you will like it. Or else.

Damn arrogant Vega driver.  Can't hide money, or that aluminum block engine