Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Camp featured on NFL Channel Today

42 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Does anybody have the Luke interview? 

Posted · Report post

Does anybody have the Luke interview? 

Been looking for it.  Not seeing it anywhere

Posted · Report post

I could load on youtube and post here....it wont be as clear though

Posted · Report post

I kinda got a different impression..  Dennis Green is the only one I heard say playoff team.. everyone else is saying least talented team in NFC south it seems..

i heard sharpe say 9+ win team.

in fact he said that carolina has an "excellent shot at sneaking up on people and actually winning this division".

i don't know, but that sounds pretty favorable.

he did say that if carolina starts off 2-8 like they did last year that there will be an interim coach finishing out the year...which i agree with.

i think that he and quite a few others know the potential that this team has, esp. with cam and keek heading up their sides of the ball, but the panthers have this reputation of underachieving so no one is going to be totally sold on them being able to reach that potential. they earned that underachiever rap and it's up to them to prove it wrong this season.

Posted · Report post

of course the day that I am stuck in a hotel with no NFL network, thats the day they talk about them

Funny same here.

Posted · Report post

The Luke interview was really short but great...didn't really like the Cam interview.  I felt like Sharpe asked a few questions that have been beat to death (the towel on the head issue).

Then I had to listen to Darren Sharper say we were the worst team in the division.  He also talked about our secondary and how bad Nakamura was.  He said he questioned what the GM is doing by trying to beef up the front 7 in a division with Matt Ryan and Drew Brees.  

I understand the point he's trying to make but I'd rather have a defensive line that can shut down the run and get after the QB but to each his own. 

The other part that no one mentioned is the fact that we have the best defense in the division by far.  Maybe Tampa is right there with us.

Posted · Report post

The Luke interview was really short but great...didn't really like the Cam interview.  I felt like Sharpe asked a few questions that have been beat to death (the towel on the head issue).

Then I had to listen to Darren Sharper say we were the worst team in the division.  He also talked about our secondary and how bad Nakamura was.  He said he questioned what the GM is doing by trying to beef up the front 7 in a division with Matt Ryan and Drew Brees.  

I understand the point he's trying to make but I'd rather have a defensive line that can shut down the run and get after the QB but to each his own. 

The other part that no one mentioned is the fact that we have the best defense in the division by far.  Maybe Tampa is right there with us.

cam gave the best towel on the head explanation i've heard him give, but tbh, i haven't heard him talk about it enough because people don't ask him about it...they just talk about it assuming that it has some negative connotation attached.

Posted · Report post

cam gave the best towel on the head explanation i've heard him give, but tbh, i haven't heard him talk about it enough because people don't ask him about it...they just talk about it assuming that it has some negative connotation attached.

I think I've heard him mention that Michael Jordan used to do it too...but yeah you're right.  I guess no one really ever asks him directly.

Posted · Report post

Exactly. It's been proven that you beat Brady, Manning and Brees with inside pressure. They side step pressure but can't run away from it. And with Johnson and Hardy outside, it'll be hard for the runners to escape as well.

Posted · Report post

Yep, great interviews. A few people are picking us to be successful this year.

1 person likes this