Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

Yeah, I'm about to go there.

I have been watching this stuff about Riley Cooper on ESPN for the past couple days now and they keep getting African American to chyme in with their opinions. It's crazy the way some of them act about it. In no way am I excusing Cooper's actions but A LOT of African Americans use that word all the time in everyday conversation. Not all of them. But some. How can you possibly be so offended by it, and use it all the time? It's just my opinion that if they would stop using it so much around everyone, then maybe the word would go away for good. Don't use it all the time and then get offended when you hear someone of a different race repeat what you say all the time. Just stop saying it. It's a word from a totally different time that should no longer still be around. I don't get how It's okay to whites crackers. That's very offensive and not anything to be proud of. Crackers were people that cracked the whip on slaves. That more offensive that the "N" word in my opinion. At least having the heritage of being able to survive something so terrible is something to be proud of. There is nothing good to be proud about when being called a "cracker." Not all white come from "crackers" and not all blacks come from slaves. I am in no way a racist and have never used the "N" word in my life. The fact is these words are from a totally different time and have no place in a 2013 society. I'm sick of this double standard society has and it needs to stop. I hope I got my point across without sounding crazy. BTW I hate this subject but this was really getting to me. I had to put down my thoughts somewhere.

#2 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

I am overweight. If I call myself fat it is self deprecating and funny. If you call me fat you are an asshole.

#3 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,968 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Was just discussing this on fb.

I don't like that the word is used so much in music, etc., but I can certainly see how black people are offended by it's use.

Especially the way Cooper used it in a derogatory and racist manner.

#4 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

If you want people to stop calling you a cracker, then white people need to stop calling each other that.

ps: OP is a cracker

#5 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,405 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

No, you didn't get your point across without sounding crazy, or completely moronic for that matter either.

If your first response to hearing about a white man furiously hurling out the n word at a black man is "but blacks say it all the time!", then you are the one who is the problem in society. Plain and simple truth. Take a deep look.

#6 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

People who use the word are idiots, no matter of race.

#7 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

Yeah, I'm about to go there.

I have been watching this stuff about Riley Cooper on ESPN for the past couple days now and they keep getting African American to chyme in with their opinions. It's crazy the way some of them act about it. In no way am I excusing Cooper's actions but A LOT of African Americans use that word all the time in everyday conversation. Not all of them. But some. How can you possibly be so offended by it, and use it all the time? It's just my opinion that if they would stop using it so much around everyone, then maybe the word would go away for good. Don't use it all the time and then get offended when you hear someone of a different race repeat what you say all the time. Just stop saying it. It's a word from a totally different time that should no longer still be around. I don't get how It's okay to whites crackers. That's very offensive and not anything to be proud of. Crackers were people that cracked the whip on slaves. That more offensive that the "N" word in my opinion. At least having the heritage of being able to survive something so terrible is something to be proud of. There is nothing good to be proud about when being called a "cracker." Not all white come from "crackers" and not all blacks come from slaves. I am in no way a racist and have never used the "N" word in my life. The fact is these words are from a totally different time and have no place in a 2013 society. I'm sick of this double standard society has and it needs to stop. I hope I got my point across without sounding crazy. BTW I hate this subject but this was really getting to me. I had to put down my thoughts somewhere.

The only people who think there is truly a double standard are white mouth breathing trilobites. 

They use it to take the sting out of it....own the word instead of it owning them.

Imagine an awkward fat kid....pry gets laughed and teased quite a bit. A defense mechanism could be to take ownership of the laughter and teasing. If they could control the laughter the sting would disappear...they could try try to be extra funny, tell great jokes, be outwardly a huge extrovert....may even take awkward pictures that are truly lol. Now that they own the laughter it doesn't hurt quite as much.

#8 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

#9 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,748 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

The only people who think there is truly a double standard are white mouth breathing trilobites.

They use it to take the sting out of it....own the word instead of it owning them.

Imagine an awkward fat kid....pry gets laughed and teased quite a bit. A defense mechanism could be to take ownership of the laughter and teasing. If they could control the laughter the sting would disappear...they could try try to be extra funny, tell great jokes, be outwardly a huge extrovert....may even take awkward pictures that are truly lol. Now that they own the laughter it doesn't hurt quite as much.

Maybe you should have watched the NFL Network segment where they had a very well respected professor from Cal discuss the issue. He was saying many if the same things as the OP. that he understood why players found it offensive as it was. He discussed how the Eagles locker room would be dealing with this for a while...how many if the black players would have to move forward and not be offended....and spent a bit of time on the topic of being selectively offended by the word.

That the use of it in music, comedy, etc by the black community minimizes the true history of the word. He said to either use the word in these sutuation and get over if...or treat it like the vicious word that it was/is and stop using if.

And.....the professor was an African American.

His discuss union was very interesting and extremely informative. He was very impressive.

#10 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

Not sure that has anything to do with what I posted...

I'll definitely watch it though.

#11 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

I'm not really going to tell anyone what they can and can't get personally offended by, but anyone that thinks the word cracker is more offensive as a whole than the n word needs to politely fug themselves.  

#12 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

I'm not really going to tell anyone what they can and can't get personally offended by, but anyone that thinks the word cracker is more offensive as a whole than the n word needs to politely fug themselves.  

Yeah...no way this is offensive.

http://livewire.talk...s-same-group-of

#13 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,405 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

Ah yes, here comes g5 to alert us all to the horrible plights of the white man in america.

#14 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

So I can count you among the league of buffoons that thinks cracker is more offensive than the n-word?  Good to know.

#15 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

Charlie Rangel: Tea Party Is ‘Same Group’ Of ‘White Crackers’ Who Fought Civil Rights

=/=

“It is the same group we faced in the South with those white crackers and the dogs and the police. They didn’t care about how they looked," Rangel said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com