#136 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

irl I never say my black friend, my hispanic friend, my asian friend, my gay friend.

on a message board it is different when you are trying to prove a point. regardless of how others may view you for saying so on this board.

if there is a term for your argument, then your argument is moot per tinderbox etiquette

Notable examples: black friends, JAQing off

#137 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,794 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

These race conversations are pretty ignorant. God forbid anyone discuss something constructive for a change.

#138 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,088 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

There's been like 7 threads the past month with the same posters posting the same things with nothing changing at all. Lol

#139 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,065 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

if there is a term for your argument, then your argument is moot per tinderbox etiquette

Notable examples: black friends, JAQing off

it's purely anecdotal bullshit, and i don't want people to think that by specifying that they have a "black friend" then they have some sort of cover for their worthless argument. if posters can't make a coherent point without bringing up the race of their friend, i am going to mock them.

interestingly, "i have a black friend" tends to pop up the moment, or immediately after, someone says something ignorant as hell about black people. you're giving the people who employ that strategy a lot of credit by calling it "an argument" at all.

#140 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,065 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

These race conversations are pretty ignorant. God forbid anyone discuss something constructive for a change.

yeah i know

why do we waste our time talking about non-constructive things like race relations in america when we could be talking about something constructive for a change such as the bilderberg group's plan to load us all up onto spaceships and ship us to nibiru

#141 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

If you aren't white you shouldn't be able to say cracker at all. That is our word. Seems fair to me.

#142 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,794 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:28 AM

yeah i know

why do we waste our time talking about non-constructive things like race relations in america when we could be talking about something constructive for a change such as the bilderberg group's plan to load us all up onto spaceships and ship us to nibiru

Saw that response coming from a mile away.

I noted the unconstructive nature of these threads because in more cases than not, it seems they're used as platform for some to act holier than thou. The bottom line however to all of this, is that we can only blame ourselves if we let the ignorance and hate of someone else effect us. These words are just that...words. It is unbeknownst to me why anyone would let a spiteful individual with a foul mouth and deep underlining personal issues, govern their reality and the correlating view of themselves/others. In these situations, all you can do is recognize this for what it is, and choose to not let them own you. This is the only way to handle such rhetoric. Individuals playing the victim card can only expect perpetual distraught, which should be especially evident considering there will [unfortunately] always be hate-filled people on this planet. Even if you get rid of the word's useage, it still doesn't solve the underlining problem. Because of this, the only road is to ignore these people and understand that they are only using that language because they are unhappy with themselves. Hate in all of its forms will never go away. All you have to do is choose not to let such negativity have domain over you.

#143 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,065 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:04 AM

you honestly can't understand why an oppressed minority reacts negatively to a slur that's been used to dehumanize them since their ancestors were literally slaves?

what is it like to be so detached from reality?

#144 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,794 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

you honestly can't understand why an oppressed minority reacts negatively to a slur that's been used to dehumanize them since their ancestors were literally slaves?

what is it like to be so detached from reality?

Of course I can understand that line of rationale, i'm not a moron. What I don't understand however, is why anyone would let a toxic individual have such control over their emotions and context of reality. This topic is a losing battle because it is filled with hypocrisy and underlined with hate. I don't know how else I can simplify my point any further. Whether or not someone gets upset over what someone else says, is on them in the end. You and only you, have the power to control your experience. If you put your experience in the hands of someone else, you are disempowering yourself, while also placing yourself in the victim category. Living with a victim state of mind will only ever perpetually result in itself. As weird as it sounds though, and for whatever reason it is, there are those out there who actually find enjoyment in drama, negative interaction, and a glass-half-empty framework behind their experience on this planet. These types are the underlining problem to the entire shebang. Even if they refrain from using racial slurs, they're still no better than those who do use them. Being that we decided earlier that hate in all its forms will always exist, the only option at this point is to ignore it and not give its messengers the satisfaction of knowing they were able to get to you, which afterall was the point behind their choice of words in the first place. When that happens, they win every time.

#145 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:00 AM

Please tell me that I'm imagining things, and you didn't just compare this to calling a woman a c*nt.

What your imagining is that people give a poo what you think.

#146 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,065 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:43 AM

Of course I can understand that line of rationale, i'm not a moron. What I don't understand however, is why anyone would let a toxic individual have such control over their emotions and context of reality. This topic is a losing battle because it is filled with hypocrisy and underlined with hate. I don't know how else I can simplify my point any further. Whether or not someone gets upset over what someone else says, is on them in the end. You and only you, have the power to control your experience. If you put your experience in the hands of someone else, you are disempowering yourself, while also placing yourself in the victim category. Living with a victim state of mind will only ever perpetually result in itself. As weird as it sounds though, and for whatever reason it is, there are those out there who actually find enjoyment in drama, negative interaction, and a glass-half-empty framework behind their experience on this planet. These types are the underlining problem to the entire shebang. Even if they refrain from using racial slurs, they're still no better than those who do use them. Being that we decided earlier that hate in all its forms will always exist, the only option at this point is to ignore it and not give its messengers the satisfaction of knowing they were able to get to you, which afterall was the point behind their choice of words in the first place. When that happens, they win every time.

it's because these "toxic individuals" control the political process and the justice system. they hire and fire. in a vacuum i agree, words are meaningless by themselves so really who cares? but we don't live in a vacuum. that word, and others similar to it both in meaning and context, perpetuate power structures that have existed since slavery.

#147 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,794 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

it's because these "toxic individuals" control the political process and the justice system. they hire and fire. in a vacuum i agree, words are meaningless by themselves so really who cares? but we don't live in a vacuum. that word, and others similar to it both in meaning and context, perpetuate power structures that have existed since slavery.

If we're going to take it there, I agree with you 100%

#148 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,470 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

this, this, so much this... 

this is exactly why not all racial slurs are equal.  if we lived in a vacuum they would be, and they'd also all be powerless, but we don't.

#149 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,657 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

Can we make it to 25 pages?

#150 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,470 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

dunno if we can squeeze 15 more out of this :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.