Photo
* * - - - 2 votes

The Pro Football Hall of Fame

Best Answer Firefox, 04 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

I believe Peppers will get in even though he has no heart. But if he goes in as a Chicago Bear I will lose my fugin mind.

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

- See more at: http://www.profootba...h.6qdwwc2m.dpuf

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,301 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

I'm just sitting here watching Jonathan Ogden give his speech and thinking about our Panthers. We have one Hall of Famer: Reggie White. Guys like Kevin Greene and Eric Davis have been considered. But none of these guys are true Panthers. They are best known for their time in other cities. Who do you guys want to be our first? Who will be our first?

For years I thought Beason was the guy. Making the HoF isn't just about talent, it's something more. It's about fire burning in your soul. Jon has that but I'm afraid his body has abandoned him.

#2 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,394 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Cam in 20 years maybe. I wanna say Smitty but he probably survived too many bad quarterbacks for his own good.
Peppers will be enshrined one day but will be remembered for the Bears despite his best years being with us.

#3 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

I would hope Steve Smith gets in as a 1st ballot HOFer.........  

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

If it's based purely of stats, Smitty will be in the Hall.

If you currently look at his stats, they are very, very, similar to Michael Irvin's.

#5 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,344 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

if cam continues at his current pace and stays healthy he'll probably be at or around top five all time in yards and scoring if he manages to play for 12+ years

put at least one ring on top of that and he's a possible first ballot

#6 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,759 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

Smith deserves it

#7 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,301 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

If it's based purely of stats, Smitty will be in the Hall.

If you currently look at his stats, they are very, very, similar to Michael Irvin's.

If it's based purely on stats Michael Irvin isn't in. There are a bunch of average receivers with big career numbers. I know with my heart and eyes that Steve played like a Hall of Famer. But the list of receivers is long and decorated. Also the voting process is an issue. Old crusty white journalists vote and Steve hasn't always been kind to those people. Hines Ward was less talented but he has better numbers (for now) and the notoriety.

#8 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

If it's based purely on stats Michael Irvin isn't in. There are a bunch of average receivers with big career numbers. I know with my heart and eyes that Steve played like a Hall of Famer. But the list of receivers is long and decorated. Also the voting process is an issue. Old crusty white journalists vote and Steve hasn't always been kind to those people. Hines Ward was less talented but he has better numbers (for now) and the notoriety.

The fact that Irvin is in, is why I said what I did.

You can't really argue it since he's already in.

But I agree, Irvin's stats don't compare to those of others on the Hall.

#9 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,301 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

Irvin had to retire a little early too with the injury at the Vet. He was a great player on a great team and he split touches with Emmit.

#10 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

So you're telling me there's a chance....

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationAspin, Colorado

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

17holdout-blogSpan.jpg

#11 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,847 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

Luke will be in Canton one day.

#12 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,847 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

And Sione Fua.

#13 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,101 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

You have to say Smith.

Outside of the statistics, he's developed himself as one of the more memorable characters in modern football and become the face of a franchise. One little tough MF'er who can give anyone nightmares on any given Sunday.

#14 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,301 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

Larry Allen just had the line of the night talking about the first date with his wife: "On our first date she cooked for me, she cooked 2 chickens and gave me a 40"

#15 MuMouey

MuMouey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

Every Panther fan in the world WANTS Smitty in. But realistically he's not even close. He had the unfortunate luck of playing with a bad quarterback, on a run first team for 10 years, during the time of offensive explosion. Current players numbers are going to poo all over smitty's. Add that to the fact that WR is the hardest position to make it in since there has been a complete log jam in HOF Receivers over the past few years. He's my favorite player of all time and I would gladly make the trip to Canton if he ever got in, but you need to let the fantasy go.

Hes:

-27th all time in receptions (plus there are 5 players real close to him that will pass him in a few years, not even counting the Megatron's and AJ Green types)

-23rd in receiving yards (3 about to pass him)

-59th in receiving TDs

-0 Super Bowls

-0 MVPs

-only had over 8 TDs ONCE in his career

right now, Smitty and Chad Johnson have almost identical all time stats

Smitty: 772 catches. 11452 yards. 63 Rec TDs

Chad: 766 catches. 11059 yards. 67 RecTDs

Great player? Without question. Hall of Famer? Not a chance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.