Photo
* * - - - 2 votes

The Pro Football Hall of Fame

Best Answer Firefox, 04 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

I believe Peppers will get in even though he has no heart. But if he goes in as a Chicago Bear I will lose my fugin mind.

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

- See more at: http://www.profootba...h.6qdwwc2m.dpuf

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#46 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,096 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

if steve finds his niche in the slot he could fulfill a donald driver type roll for the next 3-5 years if he wanted. throw in 4k yards, some playoff wins, and maybe a ring and i think he'd legitimately be in the conversation.

#47 Bigdaddy8523

Bigdaddy8523

NewVeteranMember

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

I believe Peppers will get in even though he has no heart. But if he goes in as a Chicago Bear I will lose my fugin mind.

#48 MuMouey

MuMouey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

if steve finds his niche in the slot he could fulfill a donald driver type roll for the next 3-5 years if he wanted. throw in 4k yards, some playoff wins, and maybe a ring and i think he'd legitimately be in the conversation.

Perfectly stated and agree 100%. Hopefully this is a little foreshadowing :)

#49 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

The best part of the night was when the fireworks went off and scared the hell outta everyone.

#50 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,689 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

Perfectly stated and agree 100%. Hopefully this is a little foreshadowing :)

I think that's what everyone believes. There's literally no one, outside of the mentally deficient, that believes that his current stats are good enough for the hall. It's all about statistical projection at time of retirement. That's why I blasted your comment, you were comparing his statistics like his current numbers will be the determining factor...they aren't - he's still playing. 

#51 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:19 PM   Best Answer

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

- See more at: http://www.profootba...h.6qdwwc2m.dpuf

#52 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

I have argued before about this, but I just can't see how Smith breaks in, unless it's years down the road.

Lack of TD's and playing on a "small" market team with decent/good QB's is going to haunt him.

#53 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,834 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

People who think Steve will make it in don't realize how bad his situation is. He played in the passing era, but only the latter half of his career. He'll be remembered as a guy who played in the passing era despite the peak of his career being in an era and with a team that prided themselves on big defense and a good running game. Plus he was stuck with a bunch of sub-par QBs.

It's unfortunate, but it's true. Average guys are gonna start destroying his statlines. 

#54 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

There will never be another Steve Smith. That alone give him a chance.

#55 luckyboy12

luckyboy12

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

There will never be another Steve Smith. That alone give him a chance.

you can say that again, and that has as much to do with him not getting in as his shortcomings in the numbers department. most obnoxious, over the top, jive, ready to fight player in the league. only player in nfl to assault multiple teammates, and actually ended a teammates career with a sucker punch in a darkened film room. he is a testament to the woeful lack of appealling players in panthers history, when he is your best chance at the hall. he wont even sniff the hallowed hall without buying a ticket, and with his reputation he still might not be allowed in. its a joke mentioning his name in the same sentence as the hall of fame. forget about it!

#56 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,638 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

you can say that again, and that has as much to do with him not getting in as his shortcomings in the numbers department. most obnoxious, over the top, jive, ready to fight player in the league. only player in nfl to assault multiple teammates, and actually ended a teammates career with a sucker punch in a darkened film room. he is a testament to the woeful lack of appealling players in panthers history, when he is your best chance at the hall. he wont even sniff the hallowed hall without buying a ticket, and with his reputation he still might not be allowed in. its a joke mentioning his name in the same sentence as the hall of fame. forget about it!

I wonder who this is

#57 luckyboy12

luckyboy12

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

Peppers:
8 interceptions (2nd most by d lineman ever)
Most interception return yards by a defensive lineman ever.
Longest interception return by a d lineman
Most interception/fumble return yards in a single season by a d lineman
Those 37 forced fumbles - 10th most in history
13 blocked kicks (2nd most in history)
59 passes defensed (3rd most by a d lineman)

Freeney:
epic butthurt rant about officiating
0 interceptions

moral of the story, peppers will be in HOF. 1 trick pony Sweeney might.... possibly.... on a slow year

e: great autocorrect... don't even wanna change it

its funny that the panther that has probably the best chance of making the hall of fame is a homegrown product, that played at unc, and he didnt even want to play for his homestate team.

i wonder why? do you think it was because of the panthers losing tradition?

or do you you think he was tired of playing for a coach that he knew didnt have it, and had lost his chance for a ring by going for 2 point conversions with almost a quarter of football to play. { each team scored 4 touchdowns and kicked 1 field goal and the panthers still lost }. hilarious!

or do you think he was just tired of playing in front of the visiting teams fans every home game because he was playing for the team with the sorriest fan base in the nfl? a bunch of wine and cheesers.

regardless of the reason, he had plenty to choose from, its classic!

#58 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,683 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

Haha...Matt Ryan just had some dudes balls on his head.

#59 Oldmanrivera

Oldmanrivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

Haha...Matt Ryan just had some dudes balls on his head.

What the hell man. 

I nearly choked on chicken fries. 

I saw that commercial and didn't even think that.

#60 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,683 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

Hey TRD...Matt Moore still sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com