#16 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:15 AM

I hope he turns into a legit Wideout but EVERY single offseason he's been hyped up during camp but then disappears. Remember that big preseason game he had and everyone was convinced he had finally turned the corner? Until he does it in the regular season I'm not going to get excited. 

He has to get playing time in the regular season before it can happen in the regular season. Last season was really the first time he's gotten that. Should get even more this season though, he just has to make something of that playing time. 

#17 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

Why are the people on this forum always negative?
Why can't it be possible he's finally put it together.

Because some people choose to live in the real world. 

#18 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,078 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

Rooting for a player on this team to be successful? The nerve of these fans here....

#19 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

And by real, you mean your negative, pessimistic, warped view.

#20 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,127 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

Let me make one point explicitly clear: the "hype" on Armanti in previous years centered on whether he was actually catching the ball or outrunning guys; right now, it's the little things he's doing that show a lot more promise.

He's taking contact without it making him alligator arm.

He's running the right routes the right way without telegraphing them.

He's getting targeted much more often and in a variety of roles.

I'm not saying he'll be our day one #3 receiver, but the improvement in his game is obvious.

#21 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,234 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

Hey man, I wish Armanti the best and hope like hell he's the next coming of Steve Smith.  Just saying the secondary might make receivers look better than they are...

Or maybe, just maybe, AE has turned himself into a reliable WR? Nah, that couldn't be it.

Throw out a backhanded compliment, then a halfassed dig at the secondary. But hey, you got that troll thingy going for ya. Throwing out ridiculous statements to elicit a response. It worked, nice job.

#22 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,291 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

nothing is guaranteed, especially with armanit. but I think the general consensus is that he has played well enough to be on this team for the next year. personally i'm happy for him. yes the pick was terrible. everyone knows and can agree to this.  but you can't blame Armanti for that and he has definitely worked his ass off to be a part of this team. He may never be a superstar, but the guy has got great work ethic (which is something every human being can appreciate). 

#23 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,557 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

AE is Jason Carter 2.0. Lights it up every offseason only to never be heard from again when the lights are on.

#24 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

Hurney magic

#25 SgtJ00

SgtJ00

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,321 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:02 AM

I couldn't give less shits about app state but a promising young receiver is a promising young receiver to me.

We knew he was a project so major improvement is a big plus to me.

#26 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,679 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:31 AM

I hope like hell he becomes at least a serviceable 3. If he does he might at least be partially worth what we gave up for him.

#27 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:10 AM

I sure hope Armanti has turned into a real live WR.  I'll believe it when I see it, though.  And that doesn't make me a hater or pessimistic, I just am not exactly quick to believe that he's turned it around all of a sudden when he's never been anything but terrible at anything he's done.  If he has, I'll be the first to admit that he has surprised me and I'll be glad.

#28 savage

savage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:20 AM

Armanti's catch was awesome today.  I am an Appstate grad, so I have some bias, but he is looking really sharp out there.  id love to see him have more minutes on the field this season because i think he has improved each year and this year he could really contribute.

#29 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:09 AM

The real world where you know more about nfl personnel than the people who have played, coached, scouted, and managed professionally for the majority of their lives? 

#30 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,494 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

I hope he turns into a legit Wideout but EVERY single offseason he's been hyped up during camp but then disappears. Remember that big preseason game he had and everyone was convinced he had finally turned the corner? Until he does it in the regular season I'm not going to get excited.

No

the closest I remember to a big preseason game was when he reversed field on a punt return. the play took like 15 seconds and BOA went crazy. It was like a 7 yard return.

Armanti doesn't look like the same guy. I remember in previous years seeing him running and thinking "is he imitating a midget skipping across hot coal?"
But I remember three times between S'burg and fan fest that I saw a #14 jersey run a very fast, clean route and haul in a great catch. Every time, I've had to check the roster to see who 14 is, because it sure as hell isn't the guy I'm used to seeing in that jersey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.