http://www.panthers....f2-02ece5a410ac

Very nice

#62 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

Wife was watching the nighty local news and the sports segment came on and the reporter said AE earned a roster spot for the 2013 season.

A local sports reporter should know better than to make such a claim before a preseason snap is taken.

Ginn, AE, Adams, Pilares, Hixon are all still trying out for the team. How they do in preseason will decide who stays and who goes.

#63 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

Even if the he used to be a QB excuse is used up it takes a lot of guys that played receiver in college a few years to come into there own.I do not understand why no one wants to give the guy a chance.

#64 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

The coaches have always seen something in him obviously. Even back to the jon bon foxi years. But greg hardy is a great example of how bad young talent was misused under hurneys mngmt. Barnridge is another. I'm not 100% on the ae bandwagon, but I'm not gonna say that he doesn't have what it takes to compete for a wr spot. Ecspecially in an actual competitive camp.

Sent from my ADR910L using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Agreed. The Panthers have "moved on" on from many players drafted with and after Armanti. I somehow don't get the idea they were just being nice since he was changing positions.

#65 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

I think I would still rather see Ginn as the 3rd receiver, and probably Hixon the 4th. With that being said, Hixon is constantly hurt. It's either a muscle pull, a cramp, or some over injury that just always seems to hold him back. AE could slide into that position and fill in nicely.

But, with what I've seen/read from camp, Joe Adams is also a prime contender to make the team. That guy has had his stock soaring the past couple of weeks.

#66 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

I hope he turns into a legit Wideout but EVERY single offseason he's been hyped up during camp but then disappears. Remember that big preseason game he had and everyone was convinced he had finally turned the corner? Until he does it in the regular season I'm not going to get excited. 

This was my concern too, but....You have be aware of where the hype is coming from.  ASU alumni for the most part have been pushing the Armanti agenda.  Now coaches and players are mentioning him.  Reporters too, but he is no longer a human-interest, Davidish, local boy rises story. 

#67 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,681 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

it is interesting how the competition has everyone playing better---even Gettis in the past 2 days or so. 

IF all things are considered equal, it may not be the first five or six WRs in terms of talent, but it could be that body type, style, etc.  play into it. 

For example, with Smitty playing a lot of slot this year, how many slot WRs do we need?  Adams, Armanti, and Pilares all are known slot WRs.  Prohel may decide that they really need deep speed to stretch the field .  Gettis and Ginn start looking better.  Heck, Bersin even has a set of skills that are unique.  Maybe he goes PS and then finds a spot.

#68 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,902 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

So far, but how he performs in the preseason games will ultimately decide his fate.

#69 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,006 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

Nah some people are just naturally whiny bitches. Having a crappy, hard, or disappointing life doesn't make you a pessimist. For some people they use such life experience to become eternal optimists, because, well everything else sucks so might as well hope for the best.

There's no accounting for some people being crotchety asshats.

I actually have a friend who says he is intentionally a pessimist because that way he us never disappointed when bad things happen and is happy when anything good happens.

I tell him that is a crappy way to go through life.

#70 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,181 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

There's a difference between being a pessimist, being a cynic and being a skeptic:

A cynic questions people’s integrity and motives, believing that everyone is driven by selfishness.

A pessimist has a negative outlook not just toward people, but to life in general, and expects or emphasizes the worst in any situation. The opposite of pessimism is optimism.

A skeptic habitually doubts or questions assertions that most people take for granted. Skeptics require evidence before they can accept a claim as true.

#71 Creep59

Creep59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHatteras Canyon

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Call me a cautious optimist then when it comes to AE

#72 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

I like it. Mainly because of all the people it pisses off. Mainly these people are pissed because they were so judgemental for a myriad of silly reasons and choose to violently shake their fingers at industry professionals rather than rethink their assessments and admit that they might be wrong.

Hilarious when loud mouth know-it-alls repeatedly get owned by real life.

#73 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

I really want AE to break out i really really do but i just don't see it with him.

#74 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

nothing is guaranteed, especially with armanit. but I think the general consensus is that he has played well enough to be on this team for the next year. personally i'm happy for him. yes the pick was terrible. everyone knows and can agree to this.  but you can't blame Armanti for that and he has definitely worked his ass off to be a part of this team. He may never be a superstar, but the guy has got great work ethic (which is something every human being can appreciate). 

Amen. None of the discord surrounding his presence on the team is his fault. Instead of being defensive about things, he has kept his mouth shut, put his nose to the grindstone, and worked every single day to earn his paycheck. I think we sometimes too easily lose sight of just what a tough job it is for someone to learn to play an entirely different skill position - especially at the pro level. Personally, I admire his work ethic, his grit, and his absolute determination to become what this organization has asked him to be. I hope he makes it. But if he doesn't, it won't be from his lack of effort or a lack of my cheers on his behalf.

#75 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,896 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

Armanti looked good in camp last year...

and I know a huge chunk on hear refuses to acknowledge the sky is blue....but on paper we do have one of the worst secondaries in all the NFL.

Until he actually looks the part in a game...I would be careful of jumping on that bandwagon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.