Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So about that secondary

32 posts in this topic

Posted

I am just going to hang myself now, why wait until December?

Posted

There's no room for your logic or reason here.

I'll be at camp Wednesday, would be cool to chat with you again if you're there. I know you said you may not make it down this year, but if you do...Wed would be a good time to go.  :cool:

Sad to report I've had a family emergency come up that's gonna prevent me from making it :(

Bad timing.  Would love to have seen the new guys from the first year under a new GM.

Hopeful for next year though.

Posted

The real story here is how awesome that quote is. "Eleven straight days of tappin it." O wee mayne

1 person likes this

Posted

We have no speed in our secondary other than Godfrey and Mitchell. That's a problem.

Posted

We have no speed in our secondary other than Godfrey and Mitchell. That's a problem.

and neither if them is known for there coverage ability....

Basically we can cover sufficiently a slot WR....as for the rest? What do these kids say now? Going ham? Opponents are going to go ham on us throwing when the pass rush isn't on....and no pass rush can be on all game

Posted

I don't have the energy to worry with the secondary right now.  I'm too concerned with our offensive line.  Signing Chris Scott isn't even trying. 

Posted

All has been quiet on the Josh Thomas front.  How's he been?  I thought he was our one semi-shining player in the secondary last season.  

Posted

We're pretty much the weakest receiving core in the Division. If our guys are "owning" the secondary, I'm not looking forward to seeing those guys play twice vs. Tampa, NO, or Atl.

1 person likes this

Posted

and neither if them is known for there coverage ability....

Basically we can cover sufficiently a slot WR....as for the rest? What do these kids say now? Going ham? Opponents are going to go ham on us throwing when the pass rush isn't on....and no pass rush can be on all game

What was the panthers defense ranking last year? What positions have we upgraded this year? And do you think the defense will get better or worse with the new additions? I think the answer to these questions sufficiently quiets any discussion on the secondary.

Posted

florence easily picked cam off when smitty tried a double move against him one-on-one at fan fest.   it was pretty impressive.

Posted

meh....just a rivalry thing between O and D.  he's trying to piss them off and get them to pick up their game.

nothing more to read into it.

1 person likes this

Posted

by all accounts florence is a step up from anything we had the majority of last year. i like to think they're going to rotate munnerlyn in and out of nickelback when dj moore's not on the field and keep josh thomas outside. it was nice not throwing my remote through the wall ten plays a game last season