Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Release Depth Chart

61 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If captain starts the first game of the season we are F***...

Every year since 09 with you people jesus.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Coach addressed it before with reporters ...the depth chart on panthers.com is put out by the PR department. It isn't the coaches depth chart.

Oh okay, thanks.

Posted · Report post

Never understood how the web developers can be so clueless

Posted · Report post

Never understood how the web developers can be so clueless

It actually looks pretty accurate,

Posted · Report post

Haven't we kept 6 WRs usually under Rivera? If so, Gettis may be safe, and Pilares is gone.

I love both guys but, I think Gettis would be preferred by the coaches b/c of his potential when healthy, i.e., speed/size combo.

Ultimately, I wouldn't put too much weight into this initial depth chart as some positions seem accurate while others don't seem to reflect what has been represented on the practice field. Brandon Williams has been the most mentioned TE outside of Olsen, yet he is listed as 4th string?

Posted · Report post

The organization is required to release a depth chart. It doesn't have to be even 1% accurate, they just throw something together.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Haven't we kept 6 WRs usually under Rivera? If so, Gettis may be safe, and Pilares is gone.

I love both guys but, I think Gettis would be preferred by the coaches b/c of his potential when healthy, i.e., speed/size combo.

6th rounder in 2010
5th rounder in 2011
4th rounder in 2012

all things relatively equal on standing....I think Joe Adams might beat out both Gettis and Pilares. Preseason will be huge for that trio

Posted · Report post

If captain starts the first game of the season we are F***...

Really? You know someone on this roster better?
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

6th rounder in 2010
5th rounder in 2011
4th rounder in 2012

all things relatively equal on standing....I think Joe Adams might beat out both Gettis and Pilares. Preseason will be huge for that trio

Rivera three Bersin's name in with those three as well.

Posted · Report post

I got bored so I went back and looked at video I had taken from a few camp practices that I had been to and then tweets and articles from the beginning of training camp until now and tried to find the errors in the PR Departments depth chart.

Overall, there were very few and they did a pretty solid job; way better than they have done in the past.

I updated the OP with some of the mistakes and just some other notes.

Posted · Report post

Brandon Williams has to be our #2 TE. He's played his tail off in camp and cutting him would be a huge mistake.

But can we please put Lester as Godfrey's back up? The only time Naka should be on the field is on kickoff coverage....maybe...

Posted · Report post

@Jeff_Legwold

Best line about preseason depth charts -- John Fox "we released the depth chart only because the league makes us.''

same story all over the league.  the league requires depth charts to be put up now. doesn't have to be accurate. not considered official. PR guys typically put it up. coaches have their own, but they aren't letting anyone know...not even the players. 

you won't be seeing anyone's accurate depth chart until maybe after the third preseason game, maybe even after the fourth one.

do not read anything into these.