• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CharlottePanther

If we go 9-7 and miss the playoffs, Rivera should NOT be fired.

Somehow I need to figure out how to get CarolinaPanthers8789 and CRA to come to my place of work and do my next performance evaluation.

Somehow I need to figure out how to get CarolinaPanthers8789 and CRA to come to my place of work and do my next performance evaluation.

Give me 20 bucks and I'll give you an A+ in math.

Thanks for the quote...

But I don't see where Rivera said he was in on Chuds decision to abandon the run... (the entire reason I'm having this conversation with you is because of Williams' comments about them planning to run the ball but not ever doing it).

In fact I see a part in the article that says the coaches tried to diversify the read option. While that wasn't a great idea, it does show that they did plan to run the ball...

The only thing that I get out of this article is the fact that Chud and Rivera and possibly even Shula were responsible for the read option debacle...

This doesn't explain why Williams got less than eight carries per game.

Was Chud so inept that he couldn't adapt and call a simple draw play (when he saw that the read option wasn't working) instead of throwing the ball on fourth and two?

I sure hope not.

No problem/You're welcome.

Unfortunately, I wasn't really addressing  D'Angelo's quote per se. As I said to you before [regarding something else] that was your argument, and wasn't really my focus (with all due respect to yours). But I certainly respect and understand your D'Angelo point of view. 

My focus was on Rivera-as Head Coach, and what was he know, or didn't know before the season started, and how/what he responded to during the middle of it (as we discussed). 

Yes, Rivera and Chud planned to focus on more read option, but diversify it a little. How, we don't know? I just think it was crazy for them, to focus on the Read Option in the first place, instead of keeping the offense they had the previous year [various sets, traditional play action], with plenty of conventional, mixed in with Read Option, which Cam did so well in. 

Subsequently, they also admitted in that article, '[that they] decided to go back to what Cam did well the previous year', presumably with less Read Option, and Cam decision making while doing it. Of course, that quote, got widely misquoted by many Cam haters ('lessening his plate'), and even Huddlers. Lol

As far as Chud and his play calling/versatility: Several players (including Steve Smith and Olsen on WFAN, and others), have alluded to the fact, that Chud was quite inflexible to the position coaches ideas overall, and during games, as you alluded to, provided earlier. 

It appears, Chud was feast or famine (particularly) year two on this team. Lol

first time opening this thread.  you can't possibly make such a black and white statement in this part of the year.  what if we started 7-2 and finished 9-7, you dont think he should be fired?

Unfortunately, I wasn't really addressing D'Angelo's quote per se. As I said to you before [regarding something else] that was your argument, and wasn't really my focus (with all due respect to yours). But I certainly respect and understand yours.

My focus was on Rivera-as Head Coach, and what was he know, or didn't know before the season started, and how/what he responded to during the middle of it.

Yes, Rivera and Chud planned to focus on more read option, but diversify it a little. How, we don't know? I just think it was crazy for them, to focus on the Read Option in the first place, instead of keeping the offense they had the previous year [various sets, traditional play action], with plenty of conventional, mixed in with Read Option, which Cam did so well in.

Subsequently, they also admitted in that article, '[that they] decided to go back to what Cam did well the previous year', presumably with less Read Option, and Cam decision making while doing it. Of course, that quote, got widely misquoted by many Cam haters, and even Huddlers. Lol

As far as Chud and his play calling/versatility: Several players (including Steve Smith and Olsen on WFAN, and others), have alluded to the fact, that Chud was quite inflexible to the position coaches ideas and during games, as you alluded provided earlier.

It appears, Chud was feast or famine (particularly) year two on this team. Lol

Oh okay... Sorry lol

It was just a little misunderstanding lol

I acknowledge Rivera has had issues...

Coaches are like players....some breakout year 1 like Kuechly and some need a couple years to develop like a Charles Johnson.  IMO, Rivera has just been shown he has potential to become what we all should want.

The Seattle game will speak A LOT.

1. Home opener

2. Most likely the healthiest the unit will be all year

3. Strong opponent

If for some reason we get blown out in this game, it will be a loooooooooong season with Rivera immediately boiling in the pot.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    David Teper

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts