Photo
- - - - -

Am I the only person who gets super excited over the thought...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 chknwing

chknwing

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

Beason will be playing in pain all season. dont expect much

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia
HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

I don't know about playing through pain, but if he's not 100%, he doesn't need to be on the field... the easiest way to get hurt again (or worse) is by playing when you aren't near 100%.

However, I wish you guys would give Beason the same opportunity as Davis. Time after time people had Thomas Davis's back when he was coming back from injury but with Beason, no one seems to even care.

#13 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

Any body seen the bant hammer any where? There are some silly trolls that need a good thumpin runnin around here.

#14 Frank Hollywood

Frank Hollywood

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationYour mother's basement
HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

Lmao "the facts"? By facts, you're referring to hoping/praying that Star works out and isnt a bust. If not, we're practically in the same boat as last year. Wow! Great "facts" you have there

Not sure if trolling or serious....

You're comparing star, regarded by some as the potential number one overall pick in the 2013 draft barely 12 months ago to fua, the worst starter at DT ever to be on our roster.

I guess we wouldn't know for sure that a brand new Ferrari is faster than my 20 year old Ford Taurus station wagon unless we raced, but I think its a pretty fuging safe assumption.

#15 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

Just worried about Beason playing out of position

#16 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

Not sure if trolling or serious....

You're comparing star, regarded by some as the potential number one overall pick in the 2013 draft barely 12 months ago to fua, the worst starter at DT ever to be on our roster.

I guess we wouldn't know for sure that a brand new Ferrari is faster than my 20 year old Ford Taurus station wagon unless we raced, but I think its a pretty fuging safe assumption.

your analogy reminds me of the tommy boy line...

#17 Frank Hollywood

Frank Hollywood

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationYour mother's basement
HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

your analogy reminds me of the tommy boy line...

May he rest in peace. My hero...

#18 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• LocationShelby
HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

Beason will be playing in pain all season. dont expect much

Agreed.  Micro-fracture is like voodoo.  The surgeon is trying to make leaking blood act as missing cartilage.

Beason will be Ultra-Man if he pulls this off.

#19 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• LocationMelfa
HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

Lmao "the facts"? By facts, you're referring to hoping/praying that Star works out and isnt a bust. If not, we're practically in the same boat as last year. Wow! Great "facts" you have there

Here is some facts for you smart ass.   Let's just assume Star and Short provide quality back up.  Edwards and Cole.  Dwan Edwards was our only quality DT last year.  He's back with some serious help.  Cole is a runstuffing DT.  Until he hurt his ankle he was in the middle of a 5 year 20 million deal with Seattle.  He took 2+ years off to get fully health.  All indications are he is healthy, 

FACT. SOLID VETERAN Run Stuffer beside the 3rd best sack leader among DTs in the NFL.  Sounds pretty nasty to me.

So include the two sweet rookie DTs we have (who have hinted they aren't going to be bust) we have solid interior D Line help.

Why they have an off season.  Hire amd new help.

Your comment is SO 2012 come to the future.

Looks like that was addressed dontcha think. 

#20 The Huddler

The Huddler

#BringHardyBack

• Location@TheHuddler2
SUPPORTER

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

For me, Star Lotulelei doesn't need to be in the backfield every play to be considered good.

If he fires off the ball, frees up others with a double team, gives a good push to where the QB cant step up into the pocket, and being good against the run, he's doing a great job in my book. That's the kind of DT we need. We have Short and Dwan who could give some pass rush up the middle. 

Star isn't Fancy, and that's a good thing. Wana stop the run? Draft Star. In time, he will improve his finesse pass rush, but for now the guy is everything i had hoped. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users