• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 rdog157h

rdog157h

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

I recently started listening to Mac Attack in the morning. It seems like he must visit this site because all his topics seem to be about something I read on the Huddle the day before. Anyone else notice this?

#2 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

the huddle talks about every piece of news panther related so of course they are going to talk about some of the same stuff.

#3 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,440 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

the huddle talks about every piece of news panther related so of course they are going to talk about some of the same stuff.

Even Alejandro?

#4 carp24000

carp24000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

IMO his show is the best.  I freaking hate those tools Marc Jame and Taylor from the Drive.

#5 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

I listen to them on the way in to work every morning. They do a pretty good job of covering all of the 'big' stories of local importance. That includes anything that comes up for the Panthers, Bobcats/Hornets, UNC, NC State, Duke, etc. 

#6 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

I think they had that Football Outsiders guy on the other day?

He was very good and obviously watched the Panthers, and was/is one of the few outside analyst, reporters or broadcasters who actually questions (whether you agree with it or not) Rivera's ability to coach and lead this team. He was aware of many of Chico's past in game mistakes, that we discuss so often here. 

#7 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

I listen every morning as well. I preferred when he was the mid day host, but whatev's.

Mac is good and Jim cracks me up. Colin is one to listen to if you want Basketball info.

#8 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,237 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

Never minded that show.

I like Frank Garcia's show the best. Probably the 3:00 show the worst.

#9 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

IMO his show is the best. I freaking hate those tools Marc Jame and Taylor from the Drive.

mac is barely tolerable when he talks about the panthers, the rest of the time my ears bleed and brain cells die.

The only good show ever on WFNZ was prime time.

The best local sports radio show right now is the David Glenn show, he mainly focuses on the ACC but when he talks its actually news worthy and relevant because he's a journalist first and a radio host second and that makes a big difference.

#10 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

Love the Mac attack. I like Taylor on the drive but Marc James is a level 10 douche.

#11 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

IMO his show is the best.  I freaking hate those tools Marc Jame and Taylor from the Drive.

I think Taylor would be much better alone.  Most of the time he has good perspective and seems somewhat insightful.  Then again, its probably not that hard to look good working beside Marc James.  He is everything that is wrong with radio and journalism.

#12 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

I'll listen to the Mac attack pretty regularly and is generally entertaining. 

but.

"The Drive" is pure dreck.

I was trying to listen yesterday since they literally had a truck ton of interviews, but I stopped the stream because I couldn't take the inane prattle. I felt like I was being punished for being a Panther fan by having to listen to those two. I've listened to interviews they have conducted in the past and too often think that I have just had my time wasted. The worst of it is the poor and tired questions they ask. I think they do not prepare for the interviews at all.

#13 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,038 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

I'm sure Mac, T-Bone, and others lurk on here.  Hell, they probably have active accounts.  Show yourselves!!

#14 PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme

The Greatest!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Mac is cool.... the Drive sux.. i was they still had Packman

#15 YourManInAmsterdam

YourManInAmsterdam

Might Be Drunk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam, Netherlands

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

I have to go through special channels to listen to the show live given my location.

I listen to the show druing the season, and that's about it.  Otherwise, I just can't be bothered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com