Photo
- - - - -

Anyone listen to Mac Attack on Wfnz?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#25 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

I understand why people can't stand Marc James on The Drive but I never understood the hate for Taylor. It's almost like he is guilty by association. Both are actually very knowledgable all across the sports specturm and it's a shame that Marc's pompous ass attitude overshadows that.

Also, the couple days a week that Steve Smith co-hosts the show with them is great radio and if you aren't listening when he is on there,you are doing yourself a disservice.  I have admittedly never been a big Steve Smith fan but listening to him a couple days a week as brought me around on that a bit. The candid insight Steve brings to not only the Panthers but life in the NFL in general far outweighs having to put up with Marc James' mouth. In fact it's nice having Steve on there because he usually puts him in his place.

I look forward to hearing Steve much more on the radio once he hangs up the cleats because he defintely has a future in it if he chooses to do so and it seems like that is the path he is headed down. A local radio show hosted by Mushin Muhammad and Steve Smith together would do wonders for local radio here if they could ever put that together because they are both great at it. .   

#26 carp24000

carp24000

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

I love when Smitty is on the drive...but it bugs the hell out of me when James or Taylor cut him off.  They do that alot to their guests.

#27 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

It's pretty bad that his show might be the best. He annoys me immensely but nowhere near the level of the evening show. simply because of that guy with the fake name I can't remember now. 

I miss the previous morning show and each consecutively older version of the morning show more as you go back in time.

#28 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

the good ole days of wfnc are long gone, best morning show by miles was Garry Williams, Selania and TC.  The Whackattack used to come on after that, thats when I would change the channel, surprised he still has a job there to be honest.

and before that they had another guy with Gary Williams and it was even better....before that was Czaeban and Penner I believe and I barely heard that one but people reminisced about them once upon a time as well.

#29 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

when i post more Mac's ratings go up. don't ask me how.

#30 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:52 AM

They've managed to ruin the best part of the best show in Charlotte. Those fuging idiots talk over the callers on the Whiner Line. Self absorbed douches...the both of them.

#31 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

mac is barely tolerable when he talks about the panthers, the rest of the time my ears bleed and brain cells die.

The only good show ever on WFNZ was prime time.

The best local sports radio show right now is the David Glenn show, he mainly focuses on the ACC but when he talks its actually news worthy and relevant because he's a journalist first and a radio host second and that makes a big difference.

I am the opposite of everything in this post. I hated Packman. He would just spit out generalities about the same topics every year. He acted like nothing going on was worth talking about because he has a life.

David Glenn is boring. He's not bad, just boring.

Mac is funny. He is entertaining. He's an absolute idiot when it comes to sports. Basically everything he's ever said is wrong. But it's fun to listen to. I listen to the radio to be entertained and occasionally pick up a nugget of information. The Mac Attack accomplishes this.

#32 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:09 AM

I really don't like the afternoon show. Marc James is one of the worst human beings I've ever listened to. Just look at the teams he loves....Raiders, drug abuse and poorly run...Miami Hurricanes, constant issues with the NCAA and drugs......Mets, his favorite players are Doc Gooden and Darryl Strawberry DRUGS...........New York Knicks, his favorite player is Latrell Sprewel who was constantly in trouble. Oh, in case it's not obvious....he's from Boston.

Basically Marc was put on the earth by Satan to troll God. He disrespects callers and guests by cutting them off to share his worthless thoughts.

I don't want to get all Tinderboxy but the constant homophobic jokes on The Drive bother me. It's disrespectful to callers. Believe it or not Gay people listen to sports talk. The abuse Tony the Hitman takes on a daily basis is beyond just joking around. He's not the most likable guy but he still doesn't deserve the treatment he gets.