• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

They make millions off the guy and now want to take him to the woodshed for trying to make pennies. The NCAA is a criminal organization. 

#17 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,746 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:33 AM

abusing alcohol or drinking like every other college student?

There's a difference between youthful indiscretion and utter stupidity.

I've known people who did dumb things when they were young, but learned from them and grew out of them.

I've also known guys who were straight up idiots who never grew up and never learned a friggin' thing. Dumbasses like Greg Frye aren't unique. Some guys are just stupid.

Right now, I think Manziel falls under Option B. And from what I've seen of hi dad, he comes by it honest.

#18 dos poptarts

dos poptarts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

Heard on the AM dial this morning that the brokers were butt hurt when Johnny's Mom trademarked "Johnny Football" and Ebay purged everyone who had that in the description.

Question: Will be brokers be banned from NCAA campuses and events since they admit to paying athletes?

#19 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

There's a difference between youthful indiscretion and utter stupidity.

I've known people who did dumb things when they were young, but learned from them and grew out of them.

I've also known guys who were straight up idiots who never grew up and never learned a friggin' thing. Dumbasses like Greg Frye aren't unique. Some guys are just stupid.

Right now, I think Manziel falls under Option B. And from what I've seen of hi dad, he comes by it honest.

so he suffers from utter stupidity? i haven't followed his story all that closely, but what exactly has he done to make you think that?

#20 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,746 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Making enough of an ass of himself that he was asked to leave Manning's Qb camp was a good start,

The latest stuff fits in as well.

I think he's an idiot.

#21 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

What a joke.  Half a game suspension against Rice.  NCAA just lost the rest of their credibility.

#22 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,958 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

They had some to lose???

#23 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

If you are a UNC basketball fan - this ruiling has to make you feel a little bit better about the investigation surrounding PJ Hairston. 

#24 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:09 AM

Manziel breathing a huge sigh of relief right now.

#25 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

Making enough of an ass of himself that he was asked to leave Manning's Qb camp was a good start,

The latest stuff fits in as well.

I think he's an idiot.

you've never slept through something from drinking too much the night before in college?

sorry, that doesn't make someone an idiot in my book. poor decision by a college kid? sure. some of the reported "problems" he has don't seem to be problems at all. i'm not trying to defend him, i think he's kind of a douchebag but some of the complaints about him stem from espn looking for a story.

anyways, he just came back now after his 1/2 game suspension (lol)

i'm more excited to watch teddy bridgewater

#26 Cj72

Cj72

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:07 PM

I dont know if hes a prick in real life or just plays one on tv but stuff like he was doing during the game today has to be costing him nfl money. If im a gm im scared to give someone as immature as him millions!!

#27 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

What an idiot!

#28 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

He's not NFL material and thus that is why he is being a big asshat. He knows he won't make it in the NFL, so milk it as much as you can now. I don't care for Alabama, but I hope they destroy his ass next week.

#29 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

The QB class is stocked this year. I see 3rd or 4th round in his future. He'll have the T3bow effect as the back up. The T3bow story just refuses to die. Let the journey restart.

#30 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,178 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

As someone else mentioned, he likely doesn't have much of an NFL future, so why not make the most of the opportunity he has now?

And I love how some here are bitching about the NCAA and what they did with his situation while at the same time defending PJ Hairston and saying there's nothing for the NCAA to investigate out the other side of your mouths...

...homer much?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.