Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PIA's Powerlifting Journey

159 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah same. Ive started doing Supine Body rows, they freakin suck. Find a rack, place a bar in the rack, jack your feet up till your feet are higher than your upper body, grasp said bar and pull till your chest meets the bar. In my opinion, those suck worse than Pullups. Its alot easier to do them weighted as well.

Posted

It's a lift that gets you strange looks

You look like a man-beast though haha

2 people like this

Posted

It's a lift that gets you strange looks

Yeah but only from the pussies that don't know how to lift weights... you know, those guys that load 225 on the bar, do half reps and come up smiling like retards...

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah same. Ive started doing Supine Body rows, they freakin suck. Find a rack, place a bar in the rack, jack your feet up till your feet are higher than your upper body, grasp said bar and pull till your chest meets the bar. In my opinion, those suck worse than Pullups. Its alot easier to do them weighted as well.

How does it compare to wide grip pull ups?

Posted

Yeah but only from the pussies that don't know how to lift weights... you know, those guys that load 225 on the bar, do half reps and come up smiling like retards...

Quote of the year material right there.

1 person likes this

Posted

The amount of half-wits that come and try and boost their ego next to me is crazy . They load up plates on plates on plates and then proceed to squat MAYBE quarter depth. On tuesday someone did that to me and I was chuckling to myself as I went ATG. Thats my one big gym pet peeve. I just cant stand it.

Posted

How does it compare to wide grip pull ups?

"IMHO" its alot better for your shoulders than wide-gip pullups. Its really easy to get a shoulder impingement doing those. Your whole body weight is placed upon already stressed shoulder joints. No bueno.

1 person likes this

Posted

The amount of half-wits that come and try and boost their ego next to me is crazy . They load up plates on plates on plates and then proceed to squat MAYBE quarter depth. On tuesday someone did that to me and I was chuckling to myself as I went ATG. Thats my one big gym pet peeve. I just cant stand it.

Yep... it happens everywhere.  I mostly see it at my gym with younger guys, but it's not limited to them.

There's this one dickbag... total tool, real jerk to everyone...  we all laugh at him because every single exercise he does, he does half reps.

He's doing nothing.

He looks the same now that he did 5 years ago.

If he wasn't such an asshole about using the machines and working in on sets to everyone, we'd probably point it out... but we just like to stand back and watch him do nothing.

Posted

You got a video or something on this?  Sounds interesting... I'm on back today as a matter of fact.

Posted

Quote of the year material right there.

Hahahaha yes, it really is. I award it "quote of my log" award.

Posted

They are the same people that will do fifty crunches then lift their shirt and look in the mirror.

"IMHO" its alot better for your shoulders than wide-gip pullups. Its really easy to get a shoulder impingement doing those. Your whole body weight is placed upon already stressed shoulder joints. No bueno.

I will try it 

Yep... it happens everywhere.  I mostly see it at my gym with younger guys, but it's not limited to them.

There's this one dickbag... total tool, real jerk to everyone...  we all laugh at him because every single exercise he does, he does half reps.

He's doing nothing.

He looks the same now that he did 5 years ago.

If he wasn't such an asshole about using the machines and working in on sets to everyone, we'd probably point it out... but we just like to stand back and watch him do nothing.

I respect someone how only lifts the bar with good form and full range of movement than some dipshit that does a 1/2 rep

2 people like this

Posted

You got a video or something on this?  Sounds interesting... I'm on back today as a matter of fact.

I can't post one right now cause youtube is being an ass. but ill try and get one for you asap.

1 person likes this