• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#31 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

I do t bar rows like this guy (just a little less weight). 

#32 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • LocationRotting slowly in Afghanistan

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

I do t bar rows like this guy (just a little less weight). 

I used to do it like that until the gym owners told me I was tearing up the wall. I had to revert back to Bent-over-rows.

#33 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,615 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

I do those as well, in the same kind of rack.

Don't quite get 5 plates however.

#34 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

I used to do it like that until the gym owners told me I was tearing up the wall. I had to revert back to Bent-over-rows.

I find a machine that's got a good corner and is it to keep from tearing up the gym.

#35 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,615 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

I worked out in a gym in Charlotte with Boo's bf and they had built a little box out of 2x4's for the end of the bar to sit in and not destroy the wall.

When I do them, I use a V bar handle on the bar... great, great exercise for the entire upper back.

#36 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

It's a lift that gets you strange looks

#37 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

Yeah same. Ive started doing Supine Body rows, they freakin suck. Find a rack, place a bar in the rack, jack your feet up till your feet are higher than your upper body, grasp said bar and pull till your chest meets the bar. In my opinion, those suck worse than Pullups. Its alot easier to do them weighted as well.

#38 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

You look like a man-beast though haha

#39 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,615 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Yeah but only from the pussies that don't know how to lift weights... you know, those guys that load 225 on the bar, do half reps and come up smiling like retards...

#40 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

Yeah same. Ive started doing Supine Body rows, they freakin suck. Find a rack, place a bar in the rack, jack your feet up till your feet are higher than your upper body, grasp said bar and pull till your chest meets the bar. In my opinion, those suck worse than Pullups. Its alot easier to do them weighted as well.

How does it compare to wide grip pull ups?

#41 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

Yeah but only from the pussies that don't know how to lift weights... you know, those guys that load 225 on the bar, do half reps and come up smiling like retards...

Quote of the year material right there.

#42 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

The amount of half-wits that come and try and boost their ego next to me is crazy . They load up plates on plates on plates and then proceed to squat MAYBE quarter depth. On tuesday someone did that to me and I was chuckling to myself as I went ATG. Thats my one big gym pet peeve. I just cant stand it.

#43 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

How does it compare to wide grip pull ups?

"IMHO" its alot better for your shoulders than wide-gip pullups. Its really easy to get a shoulder impingement doing those. Your whole body weight is placed upon already stressed shoulder joints. No bueno.

#44 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,615 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

The amount of half-wits that come and try and boost their ego next to me is crazy . They load up plates on plates on plates and then proceed to squat MAYBE quarter depth. On tuesday someone did that to me and I was chuckling to myself as I went ATG. Thats my one big gym pet peeve. I just cant stand it.

Yep... it happens everywhere.  I mostly see it at my gym with younger guys, but it's not limited to them.

There's this one dickbag... total tool, real jerk to everyone...  we all laugh at him because every single exercise he does, he does half reps.

He's doing nothing.

He looks the same now that he did 5 years ago.

If he wasn't such an asshole about using the machines and working in on sets to everyone, we'd probably point it out... but we just like to stand back and watch him do nothing.

#45 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,615 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

You got a video or something on this?  Sounds interesting... I'm on back today as a matter of fact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.