Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGA Championship at Oak Hill CC

62 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Well, it's already time for the last major of the season.  PGA Championship tees off tomorrow at 7:10am.  Tiger is the favorite, of course.  Phil isn't far behind.  I will take the field against Tiger + Phil this weekend.

PGA-Championship-Oak-Hill_r640.jpg?6c65b

Tiger made some comments last week about the condition of the course.  Wasn't happy with the speed of the greens.  General consensus is that the course is in amazing condition now.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Love Donald Ross designs, especially in majors.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Love Donald Ross designs, especially in majors.

Aside from Seminole, this is his best course.

Posted · Report post

Looking forward to this. I am rooting for tiger because of the storyline. This is one he can win, is playing great and he needs to get past 14 if he is going to make a run at the record.

Posted · Report post

I'm rooting for a Tiger-Phil showdown on Sunday. Yea, I know. Me and everyone else.

Golf has just been in a bit of a lull lately, and having those two going at each other would do wonders for ratings.

Posted · Report post

Can't wait to watch some of this.

I'm looking to see if Phil can continue his "laidback" style of play and keep that putter hot.

And if Tiger's putter is going to make it's way here this week.

Should be a good one.

Posted · Report post

Anti Tiger here. ( Was for him early on but his arrogance turned me off).  I am a Phil fan....so I loved The Open!!  Would be so cool for him to get this one too.  He seems to be a genuinely good guy.  If not Phil's week, I will pick a good guy from the weekend leader board to pull for.  But Phil......let's go!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

He seems to be a genuinely good guy.  

Phil is great to watch and he has a great smile and demeanor.

But it is widely known that he has historically been one of the biggest a-holes on the tour

Posted · Report post

Couldn't get any better for golf than to have a Phil/Tiger pairing in the Final group Sunday.

Win/Win.

Posted · Report post

I have a weird feeling it will be Snedeker or Z. Johnson, but the leader board will be stacked come Sunday.

Posted · Report post

I've got Sneds and Matt Kuchar.

...and how does Phil have "a great demeanor" but is "one of the biggest a-holes on the tour..." seems a little contradictory. I first met him some 20 years ago and have crossed paths many times since. He always remembers me and he's never been anything but cordial, nice, genuine, so I'm not sure where you're getting that unless you're considering his competitive nature (he's not out there to finish second) and his willingness to share his opinion.

Phil has opinions, so if you don't want his answer, don't ask, because he doesn't shy away from them.

Posted · Report post

I've got Sneds and Matt Kuchar.

...and how does Phil have "a great demeanor" but is "one of the biggest a-holes on the tour..." seems a little contradictory. I first met him some 20 years ago and have crossed paths many times since. He always remembers me and he's never been anything but cordial, nice, genuine, so I'm not sure where you're getting that unless you're considering his competitive nature (he's not out there to finish second) and his willingness to share his opinion.

Phil has opinions, so if you don't want his answer, don't ask, because he doesn't shy away from them.

It has been said that he is great to the fans, but an asshole to the other guys on tour. Basically the reason no one ever really speaks to Phil at the course. He has been called fake on several occasions. I don't know how true any of it is, but that's some stuff that has been said over the years.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments