Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lets talk about posts, threads and staying on topic for this forum.

145 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I've never put anyone on ignore. Not that anyone cares....I just felt like sharing. 

Posted · Report post

I'd also like to point out, and I'm certainly guilty of this, but the keeping crappy internet images out of good discussion threads is a must. We joke about waiting till gif approved, but I have really enjoyed looking at football posts and not pictures of cats. That's what the lounge "Post a pic, any pic" is for ------just make sure you actually post a pic, but that's a different rule for a different time. 

Posted · Report post

I like turtles

I read the title of this thread and clicked it to post that^

Posted · Report post

If I'm able to sit atop a dolphin while listening to Rage Against the Machine as pyrotechnics go off around me and I'm using a grenade launcher and Olivia Wilde is riding shotgun wearing Donna Karen can I make threads that have nothing to do with Cam not checking down to his 3rd option inside the red zone under 2 mins?

Posted · Report post

The smack forum is such a sandbox so it's kinda pointless to rip somebody there, but that just may be me since everybody by now knows my opinion on some posters here. I'm basically at a point where I'm not going to quote posters on here and go back and forth in a debate because people refuse to open their minds, and I realize a lot of people will claim that I do that myself but the difference is I root my opinion in facts and deep research whereas other people are just trying to justify that DeAngelo Williams fat boy decal that somebody ripped them off for that they slapped on their wall. I'm just going to lecture my frequently pinpoint accurate opinion and converse with a limited group of posters on here who actually know what they're talking about. Best I can do to keep civil ATP

Posted · Report post

The smack forum is such a sandbox so it's kinda pointless to rip somebody there, but that just may be me since everybody by now knows my opinion on some posters here. I'm basically at a point where I'm not going to quote posters on here and go back and forth in a debate because people refuse to open their minds, and I realize a lot of people will claim that I do that myself but the difference is I root my opinion in facts and deep research whereas other people are just trying to justify that DeAngelo Williams fat boy decal that somebody ripped them off for that they slapped on their wall. I'm just going to lecture my frequently pinpoint accurate opinion and converse with a limited group of posters on here who actually know what they're talking about. Best I can do to keep civil ATP

You and Fiz are both smug assholes, but the great ones usually are.

That's why I love and admire you both.

Posted · Report post

I've never put anyone on ignore. Not that anyone cares....I just felt like sharing. 

I would respond to your comment if I did not have you on ignore....oh wait.  Nevermind. :jig:

Posted · Report post

I would love to buy 98% of the posters here for what they are worth and sell them for what they think they are worth.

Posted · Report post

can't you make a rep carry the weight of the rep held by the poster giving it? one person = one vote is great irl but lends itself to that sort of abuse on forums.

a couple neg reps from good posters could blast a troll into next week, but a new troll would have to exhibit insane effort to neg rep established posters with any effectiveness (and allowing only one neg rep a day is one way to alleviate that.)

Now you are wanting people to work...or sumthin like that.

Posted · Report post

If u ignore, you've already lost.

Posted · Report post

Nobody is saying you can't discuss race issues.

Just don't do it in the Panthers forum.

Obviously. But that wasn't my point. If race or some other social question arises in reference to the Panthers (as it did and may do again with Cam Newton), then in my opinion it is fair game to discuss in the Panthers forum. Anything less could easily be considered as doing Panthers fans or Huddlers a disservice.  Of course no one wants to be trolled, or have their valid topic derailed by discussing race, racism, religion or anything else that comes out of left field, but valid points of discussion should not be swept tidily under the rug because this person or that person doesn't feel like talking or hearing about it.  That's why we have threads, of course, and people have the choice to view, comment, or simply lurk in any thread that they desire, or pass up on threads of their choosing altogether.