Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobcats Sign Anthony Tolliver

26 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This is the final piece for a championship.

Posted · Report post

Rick Bonnell: Power forward Anthony Tolliver agrees to one-year deal with Bobcats. Twitter @rick_bonnell

Shams Charania: Anthony Tolliver reaches agreement on one-year, fully guaranteed deal w/ Bobcats that won't be finalized until Friday, source tells RealGM. Twitter @ShamsCharania

Tolliver wanted to wrap up a deal before he left for vacation Sunday to the Dominican Republic. Tolliver, who will sign a one-year, $1,027 million, went for the sure thing. Tolliver will sign with the Bobcats in about a week, after he returns from vacation. Sulia

Anthony Tolliver’s agent, Larry Fox, said his client will be a good fit for the Charlotte Bobcats.“He went there on Monday and had a good visit with Steve Clifford,’’ Fox told FOX Sports Florida about Tolliver going to Charlotte. “He believes the team is heading in the right direction. “They’ve got a good group of young players and I think he’ll fit right in. He’s a good fit because the Bobcats don’t really have on their roster a (power forward) who can step out and shoot.’’ Sulia

Shams Charania: Up until verbal agreement with Bobcats, Tolliver had been in negotiations with Bulls and Lakers, source says. Clippers became serious too. Twitter @ShamsCharania

Anthony Tolliver: I will be taking my talents to Charlotte! Blessed to have another opportunity in the NBA...lots of ORANGE in my future!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't know, I was thinking this kind of post would need it's own thread for discussion, but I'll put it here...

This is the greatest roster we have ever fielded top to bottom. Point blank, period.

Posted · Report post

Lol... orange in his future? Basketballs are orange. Orange is in every basketball players future.

Posted · Report post

Lol... orange in his future? Basketballs are orange. Orange is in every basketball players future.

The Bobcats should bring back the original orange unis for their last season as the Bobcats

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The Bobcats should bring back the original orange unis for their last season as the Bobcats

I actually kind of liked those because they were different.

Posted · Report post

I don't know, I was thinking this kind of post would need it's own thread for discussion, but I'll put it here...

This is the greatest roster we have ever fielded top to bottom. Point blank, period.

I would still give the edge to the 2009-10 team until I see this team play.

PG: Raymond Felton, D.J. Augistin
SG: Stephen Jackson, Larry Hughes, Gerald Henderson
SF: Gerald Wallace, Derrick Brown, Stephen Graham
PF: Boris Diaw, Tyrus Thomas, Theo Ratliff
C: Tyson Chandler, Nazr Mohammed, DeSagana Diop, Alexis Ajinca

OR

PG: Kemba Walker, Ramon Sessions, Jannero Pargo
SG: Gerald Henderson, Ben Gordon
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Jeff Taylor, Jeff Adrien
PF: Cody Zeller, Josh McRoberts, Anthony Tolliver
C: Al Jefferson, Bismack Biyombo, Brendan Haywood

Notice that only Gerald Henderson is the remaining player on the roster since 2009.

You can actually go up to the 2010 season and see that Gerald Henderson is the only remaining from the 2010 team as well.

Posted · Report post

I would still give the edge to the 2009-10 team until I see this team play.

PG: Raymond Felton, D.J. Augistin
SG: Stephen Jackson, Larry Hughes, Gerald Henderson
SF: Gerald Wallace, Derrick Brown, Stephen Graham
PF: Boris Diaw, Tyrus Thomas, Theo Ratliff
C: Tyson Chandler, Nazr Mohammed, DeSagana Diop, Alexis Ajinca

OR

PG: Kemba Walker, Ramon Sessions, Jannero Pargo
SG: Gerald Henderson, Ben Gordon
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Jeff Taylor, Jeff Adrien
PF: Cody Zeller, Josh McRoberts, Anthony Tolliver
C: Al Jefferson, Bismack Biyombo, Brendan Haywood

Notice that only Gerald Henderson is the remaining player on the roster since 2009.

You can actually go up to the 2010 season and see that Gerald Henderson is the only remaining from the 2010 team as well.

I might would too if Tyson Chandler didn't fake an injury the entire season

Posted · Report post

I might would too if Tyson Chandler didn't fake an injury the entire season

That pissed me off, what a dick.

Posted · Report post

PG: Felton/DJ vs Kemba/Sessions.............................winner: Kemba/Session

SG: Cap'n Jack/Hendo 1.0 vs Hendo 2.0/Gordon.....winner: Cap'n Jack/Hendo 1.0

SF: Crash/UPS vs MKG/Taylor....................................winner: draw

PF: Diaw/TT vs Zeller/McBob.....................................winner: draw

C: Chandler/Nazr vs Jefferson/Biz..............................winner: Jefferson/Biz

Posted · Report post

LOL why are you guys even counting Tyson?  He didn't help that team, at all.  Theo Ratliff contributed more to the team and was the one playing in the playoffs for us.

Posted · Report post

PG: Felton/DJ vs Kemba/Sessions.............................winner: Kemba/Session
SG: Cap'n Jack/Hendo 1.0 vs Hendo 2.0/Gordon.....winner: Cap'n Jack/Hendo 1.0
SF: Crash/UPS vs MKG/Taylor....................................winner: draw
PF: Diaw/TT vs Zeller/McBob.....................................winner: draw
C: Chandler/Nazr vs Jefferson/Biz..............................winner: Jefferson/Biz

You can't judge them off of how goo they are as a individual. You have to wait and see them play together first. That 2009 teams won 44 games and went to the playoffs.