Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Someone is about to be very unpopular.

242 posts in this topic

think about it tho. you are taking what someone said, not even fully understanding who they are and simply assuming it's racist because they said you are well spoken. not knowing if they tell EVERY young person they meet that.

i had a co worker, oh here we go, a African American guy. he comes in griping about a woman who moved her purse from one side to the other as he approached her on the street. he was going on about how it was racist etc. i go look man, for all we know she may have been attacked by someone who looked like you are has been in abusive relationships and is fearful of men or whatever. no way to know.

blatant racism i will never downplay. implied or well it felt like it etc, dude i'm sorry but i can't stoke those fires for you.

i will also stand by my comments that if it bothers you as much as it seems, why not tell the person who is saying it. they truly and honestly may not even be aware of what they are saying or how it can come across.

so guess what happens? you don't say anything and it happens again. and it bugs you. and you say nothing. then it happens again. see how goofy this is?

last few pages of this thread: black supremacist argues with "liberal mafia" about equality of human races while "conservative mafia" suggests poster re-evaluate his role in educating the public for feeling like he's being insulted since he's black and gets called "well spoken" when he can coherently form a sentence or two.

this thread really delivers

re-evaluating his role is a far cry from telling someone what they say can be perceived or come across the way it does is totally different.

if they're aware that SZ is a college student and they're so surprised by the fact that he's "well spoken" then uhhhh....are they just really stupid or racist? because college educated folks are generally "well spoken"

all college kids or some college kids are well spoken? i have trained my fair share of kids out of college. some couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

btw

i have trained my fair share of kids out of college. some couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

this is referred to as "the madhatter exception"

nope. its called *** for tat anecdotes.

or, i'm shuttlescock. the stuff i type is more right because i typed it.

shuttlescock? is this the part where i call you peestall now?

it's not anecdotal. if you're surprised to find that a college educated person is articulate, you are in fact a moron.

have you met every single person who has graduated from college?

do you know what "generally" means?

are you also surprised when you go to the grocery store and see someone with milk?