• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

All season tickets to Charlotte football games have been sold out.

They released an additional 400 this morning and they sold out in a couple hours.

Some standing room only tickets may be available, but that is not known for sure yet and there won't be many available if they are made available.

Coach mentioned on the radio last week that the AD and the Chancellor would need to make a decision soon about whether we want to expand next year or the year after.

For anyone that doesn't have season tickets, all home games will be broadcast in HD on WCCB.

Exciting times. Only two more weeks before the first kickoff!

#2 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,673 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

The stadium seats, what.... 405?

#3 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

The stadium seats, what.... 405?

I know you're just being a smartass, but ill answer anyway. It seats 15,300 and some change.

should be at least 25,000 in 2015.

#4 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,382 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

Damn. I was still thinking on when I could get to a game.

#5 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

25,000 seems to be somewhat low for an FBS stadium.

Especially for a city as big as Charlotte.

#6 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

The team looks really good, I was out covering practices all last week.

Offense is a solid balance of run/pass lots of pistol or shotgun. I never saw a play under center.

Running Offense: In the offense they run a variety of read, triple and speed options. All of them have misdirection action in the backfield, very confusing for a defense to keep up with ball. No TE's are even on the roster just a couple H-backs that act as Fullbacks or big slots. All 3 were RB's in High school and get the ball a lot in the dive action on the triple option. 

Passing Offense: Team usually goes 3 WR's every play, I'm going to say 50% of passes are a variation of bubble, swing, and wr screens. They have some fake screen and go's  On other plays they use crossing routes as a priority target. Slot receiver is used on post/corner routes a lot. Outside wr's either do crossing routes or quick slants and hitches.

Defense:  

3-4 defense, DLine is always slanting and stunting. LB's are very aggressive in formation and  sent for blitzes often. Secondary will be used for some blitzes. Team really works a lot in zone schemes. Safeties always have deep responsibilities

Should be a fun system to watch in action! 

#7 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:19 PM

I'll be in the concessions making your food every game. Some may get pubes

#8 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

25,000 seems to be somewhat low for an FBS stadium.

Especially for a city as big as Charlotte.

it can be expanded to 40,000 but id rather them be cautious and not expand by too much too quickly. A full 25,000 seat stadium is much better than 25,000 in a 40,000 seat stadium. When you get out of the major conferences, only a few schools average over 40,000 fans per game. ECU, USF, ND, and BYU are the only ones.

#9 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

Tensor I assume you have season tickets? We just couldn't do it this round but I'll be at most of the home games except for the first. But I do plan on tailgating and then watching the game at a bar or something.

The noticible increase in fan support should have us a 30-40k stadium in a few years. If the admins start to dump money into football ie Louisville. Then down the road we could potentially develop a rivalry with ECU. Which would make for awesome road trips!

#10 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

Tensor I assume you have season tickets? We just couldn't do it this round but I'll be at most of the home games except for the first. But I do plan on tailgating and then watching the game at a bar or something.

The noticible increase in fan support should have us a 30-40k stadium in a few years. If the admins start to dump money into football ie Louisville. Then down the road we could potentially develop a rivalry with ECU. Which would make for awesome road trips!

Yes, I have season tickets. I do not have FSLs though. I knew a stadium expansion would come within a couple years and it would have stretched me financially at the time.

I'l be at every home game and most of the away games.

#11 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,962 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

Matt Johnson QB, Maiden High Grad

Blue Devils!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users