• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

MLS wants to add 4 new teams by 2020, NC is a possible destination.  This would be AWESOME.  MLS, while not that great of a league, games are fun as hell to go to.  Build us a 25,000 seat stadium and boom we'd get that place rocking.  Remember when Costa Rica and Mexico played in Charlotte a few years ago?  They packed it.  There is a large hispanic population in the community that would love to have a team, let's start campaigning.  

#2 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,550 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

Why build stadium? We got 2 already... UNCC and Panthers. I would def buy season tickets tho.

#3 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

I would love for this to happen. Problem is most of Charlotte wouldn't give a poo or support it.

#4 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

I would love for this to happen. Problem is most of Charlotte wouldn't give a poo or support it.

yeah I honestly think Raleigh would do better than Charlotte, as much as it kills me to say

#5 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

As I stated somewhere else on here, NC has one of the highest rates of youth soccer players in the country.  It is honestly suprising that they gave NY a second team before they gave us one.

#6 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

Let's ask the question. How many of you guys go to Charlotte eagles games? Soccer is fun to play but very boring to watch unless you are watching the top players in the world. Mls definitely doesn't have those. Although if we could attract a crowd like Seattle does I would go.

#7 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

Let's ask the question. How many of you guys go to Charlotte eagles games? Soccer is fun to play but very boring to watch unless you are watching the top players in the world. Mls definitely doesn't have those. Although if we could attract a crowd like Seattle does I would go.

I used to go to Charlotte Eagles games all the time when I was younger.  MLS is fun to watch, and the Eagles were exciting as a kid, but going to a "Pro" game loses some of its luster when its not the top league.  Its the same as with a lot of people wanting a MLB team, but turnouts for the Knights aren't particularly spectacular.  The minor leagues just isn't as exicting as a major league team.

#8 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

there's a difference between going to watch some christian based soccer team play and an actual MLS team play.  let's be real, it'd be amazing if we could have crowds like the portland timbers do

#9 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,657 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

Raleigh would be a much better area for a team than Charlotte.  Anywhere in the Triangle would be a great spot.

#10 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

I'll agree that Raleigh would be a much better city for a team than Charlotte, but the greedy soccer fan in me hopes Charlotte gets a team and people will start appreciating and supporting the sport....not likely.....

#11 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,550 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

I grew up supporting my team back in the motherland. Went to almost every game. I will not watch Charlotte Eagles because of the MLS rules. Why teams can't get relegated or promoted is mind bogging.

#12 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,402 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

i would love for this to happen. I say retro fit Memorial stadium and make it soccer specific but with the ability to still have high school football.

there is a large enough Latino population that there would be a great core of soccer fans already in place. plus so many from outside the US that live here.

#13 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

Greensboro or Raleigh would be better choices. 

#14 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,671 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

Zero chance Charlotte can support soccer.

#15 CarolinaKid704

CarolinaKid704

C***

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

I just want to see Charlotte get more USA and international games. I think for MLS Raleigh would be the better venue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com