Photo
- - - - -

Let's bring the MLS to Charlotte

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#46 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

For names I say you appeal to your growing Hispanic community.

Charlotte Toros. Or the racing crowd Charlotte Speed.

#47 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

Charlotte barely supports minor league baseball.

Or a losing NFL franchise for that matter.

Soccer?

Not a chance in hell.

#48 Niner National

Niner National

HUDDLER

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

Charlotte barely supports minor league baseball.

Or a losing NFL franchise for that matter.

Soccer?

Not a chance in hell.

I also don't think Charlotte would support it, but I think the Knights are a special circumstance because of their terrible location.

The new stadium has already sold out its suites and club level seating. Regular season tickets haven't even gone on sale yet, but I have little doubt those will sellout too. Literally every person that I know that lives in the city has told me they plan to get season tickets if they can.

The novelty may wear off after a few years, but as long as AAA baseball stays cheap and has cheap beer (prices have already been confirmed to be staying the same for the coming season) then the Knights will draw well in Charlotte.

I had little interest in driving to Fort Mill from Uptown after work every day to watch a minor league sport that I don't care much about. I do like to be outside and drink beers though and now that the team will be minutes from my home and office, I'll probably take in at least 10 games each year.

#49 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

yep tensor. you are probably exactly like 200k more people in the Charlotte area. with the Knights now uptown their walk up will be as much if not more than their reg attendance in Ft. Mill.

if the stadium isn't too big for soccer and they put a good product on the field i can see them doing well. make it no bigger than 16k but allow it to expand to 22to 25k for playoffs or international friendly's.