• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 xerxes

xerxes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

Wait... we're talking about preseason game 4? I mean I realize that 7 ate 9, but what happened to 2 and 3?

#17 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

I don't. I found some stupid steeler fan to pay over face value for my tix to watch future cfl stars play 4 qtrs.

Almost felt guilty. Almost.

#18 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

i think we should stop playing them annually and let the failbase (fanbase) die off.

#19 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

I remember when I was 5-6 year old I saw a business sign that said Steelers fans of North Carolina and I just thought to myself....

f8446_a_jackie-chan-meme.jpg

#20 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

It's one thing to watch a rival fanbase take over BoA during a regular season game (see: Giants game last season). It's entirely another to watch one of the most annoying fanbases in the league take over BoA every other year in the preseason to they can gloat about their nobodies being better than our nobodies.

#21 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

Honestly can't remember the last time we went to a home 4th preseason game. Mid 2000s maybe. I usually have my monthly bath that day.

#22 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:14 AM

I wish they would have out white or blue towels for that game.   I will be there.   I know guys that say, "I am a steelers fan first.  I always pull for the Panthers unless they are playing the steelers."    I tell them, "Go hockey puck yourself, You are no Panther fan at all" .

#23 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

It will be awful. Everyone knows the starters don't play in tge 4th game and no one will go to the game...except the transplant, out of closet, bandwagon, Steelers fans bc it is the only opportunity they will get to see them live.

#24 transitCATS

transitCATS

Panther-UNC-VT Supporter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

I'm not a fan of this Steeler preseason stuff.  

Seeing as how My Fiance is from Western Pennsylvania, it goes without saying her whole damn family are Steeler fans.  I hate going up there because all the Black and Yellow (Steelers, Penguins, and Pirates) turns my stomach.

I respect the way their fans support the team (EVERYONE IS A STEELERS FAN!!!) you dont see that kinda support for the Panthers here in the Carolina.... yet. They can be pretty obnoxious when it comes to talking about their team.  

But I must say one of the single most greatest things I have EVER done is turn my Fiance into a PANTHERS FAN!!!! 

WINNING!!!

#25 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

I just loathe Stiller fans

#26 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,629 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

I wish they would have out white or blue towels for that game.   I will be there.   I know guys that say, "I am a steelers fan first.  I always pull for the Panthers unless they are playing the steelers."    I tell them, "Go hockey puck yourself, You are no Panther fan at all" .

Free beer for Panther fans only. Now that is what I am talking about!

#27 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,607 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

It's one thing to watch a rival fanbase take over BoA during a regular season game (see: Giants game last season). It's entirely another to watch one of the most annoying fanbases in the league take over BoA every other year in the preseason to they can gloat about their nobodies being better than our nobodies.

i've always caught poo from the steelers fans in my life whenever we lose to them in the preseason.  i guess when your only chance to see "your team" involves an epic battle of practice squadders it takes on a new level of importance.

#28 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,394 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

I actually hate them all, but yes, the fourth is the worst. The only redeeming quality about it is the final cuts follow.

I think they used to play 6. Hopefully they can get it down to 2 or 3 soon

We'd still play Pitt I bet.

#29 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,561 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

I wanted to sell our seats but my stepson has a fascination with the Steelers because his teacher last year liked them and he saw the twitch in my eye when he told me this.

Now my friend gave us his 2 tickets as well so we get to all go, and only stay for the first quarter or something as it's a school night. And we are tailgating with the kids so its good behavior time

#30 WCUcats

WCUcats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

Free beer for Panther fans only. Now that is what I am talking about!

The sad thing is beer vendors would still report record revenue for a preseason game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com