#1 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,499 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

How much do you think those two picks he had (One a pick 6) does to help his case to win back his starting job. I've said from the start of the off season Norman would be starting. But until last night it looked like Thomas was pulling away with this job. Also, did this game help ease some fears about our secondary or do you still think we have some work to do?

Thoughts?

#2 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:31 PM

I've been a big Norman critic but I think it helps. The first more so because the second he was up against a third string qb. Still a good play. I thought it was interesting that he played most of the game. But he helped himself more than any other player last night.

#3 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,854 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

I've gotta see it in more than a preseason game.

That doesn't mean I have no confidence in him - I think he's got the talent to be a shut down corner. I just want to see him actually, you know, being a shut down corner.

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,023 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

Norman looked great, it will be interesting to see how he plays in the next three games.

James Dockery also looked really solid. He might be the best one-on-one tackler that we have in the secondary.

Hopefully D.J. Moore is healthy enough to play next week in Philadelphia.

As of right now, I could see us carrying six corners (Florence, Norman, Munnerlyn, Thomas, Dockery, and Moore) while putting Melvin White on the practice squad.

I know some people don't think Moore will make the roster, but Coach Rivera has already praised Moore because of his versatility. Moore can play corner (CB2), nickel, and safety. For that reason, I expect him to make the roster along with the other five players.

#5 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

How much do you think those two picks he had (One a pick 6) does to help his case to win back his starting job. I've said from the start of the off season Norman would be starting. But until last night it looked like Thomas was pulling away with this job. Also, did this game help ease some fears about our secondary or do you still think we have some work to do?

Thoughts?

Work to do but most def thought it was a good step. Saw a few tackles where the corners didn't wrap up completely.

In the same realm, keek has amazing closing speed which I think will help out our corners when they are on an island near the flat.

#6 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

Norman gambles.  He jumps routes.  For every interception, he will be burned a few times. However, with this DLine, he can jump routes because he is likely to see slants and three step drops.

#7 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

Drayton Florence looked good too.. i think we got a solid rotation. Once we see the game against the ravens we can better tell.. I really want to see DJ Campbell back there with Godfrey but mitchell has looked solid as well so it will be another battle for the SS spot.

#8 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,299 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

I have more confidence in our secondary now...

#9 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:16 PM

I like Norman but I don't think he can be a shutdown corner. I think he has the potential to be a solid guy to match up with the opposing teams #2 WR. It is going to be interesting to see if he will jump routes now since he has gotten 2 picks. In the past I have seen him be too aggressive trying to grab an interception rather than just batting a ball down.

#10 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,764 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

I feel like Norman has finally "settled" in his own, allowing his talent to come out.

#11 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,141 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

Norman will start at one of the corner spot along with Florence. The depth chart doesn't really mean anything. We could start out playing nickel and that will be Captain's primarily spot.

#12 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,141 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

I like Norman but I don't think he can be a shutdown corner. I think he has the potential to be a solid guy to match up with the opposing teams #2 WR. It is going to be interesting to see if he will jump routes now since he has gotten 2 picks. In the past I have seen him be too aggressive trying to grab an interception rather than just batting a ball down.

He's not going to be that shut down corner like a Champ Bailey or Revis, but he's going to be a guy that will create turnovers by jumping route. I think he's somewhat similar to a Lardarius Webb; someone that he was compared to during last year's draft.

#13 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,389 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:24 AM

OK folks.  I am in the desert here and not a chance to actually see the game.  I thought I saw where Melvin White was playing Safety.  I know he was drafted as a CB but somewhere I read he played safety friday night.

If so, how did he play?  Any shot of him or Lester making the squad or are they both heading to the practice squad.

#14 xerxes

xerxes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

OK folks.  I am in the desert here and not a chance to actually see the game.  I thought I saw where Melvin White was playing Safety.  I know he was drafted as a CB but somewhere I read he played safety friday night.

If so, how did he play?  Any shot of him or Lester making the squad or are they both heading to the practice squad.

That was me, and I was wrong. I just checked the game again. Melvin White was playing CB. I thought he was playing safety because he was in on a lot of plays.

#15 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,389 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

That was me, and I was wrong. I just checked the game again. Melvin White was playing CB. I thought he was playing safety because he was in on a lot of plays.

Well I had heard some discussion on here before that maybe we should try him at safety.  6'1" 205 is a pretty solid safety.  So when I saw that I thought, ok they did. 

If he was in on alot of plays that could be a good thing or he was making the tackle after the catch which might not be a good thing.

Thanks for the follow up though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com