Photo
- - - - -

Cam and Joe Adams posing for the camera.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
184 replies to this topic

#91 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

Well, if you rewatch it....he clearly walked over bc he wanted Cam to stop. Cam even went and addressed the camera that the fun was over. Who knows what was actually said... but you can pretty take it as a factual event TD ended the goofing around DURING a timeout.

Serious Question do you get paid by the CIA or FBI to read body language and lips???

If not  then What the fug are you talking about.

How can you with no years of  training in a skill (that takes years of training) be so sure you clearly know what happens form your couch???

#92 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

Lol the huddle

#93 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,451 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

Please provide the quote in which I clearly stated "Cam Newton must leave Carolina only because of fans".

We can dance around about this all day. What's good for you isn't necessarily what's good for everyone else. Same can be said about me. We aren't Cam Newton. He has to live his own life and make his own decisions.

I am not going to kid myself that whether it be a quarterback or a regular free agent, when it comes to deciding their future in the league on where to sign, it definitely often comes down to more than just money.

I provided your quotes above, and I listed a number of factors other than money.

He can absolutely make his own decisions based on whatever criteria he wants. My point, however, is that if he lets something as silly as "the fickle local fans who were against him being drafted (or) the local media who bash him if he sneezes too loudly" enter into his decision making process, I'd be disappointed and would lose respect for him.

That kind of thinking would put him in the same category as a thin-skinned flake like Vince Young.  Is a man like that really what you'd hope for Newton to be like?

Me?  Based on what I've seen of him so far, I'd like to believe Newton is infinitely better and smarter than that.

#94 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

Serious Question do you get paid by the CIA or FBI to read body language and lips???

If not then What the fug are you talking about.

How can you with no years of training in a skill (that takes years of training) be so sure you clearly know what happens form your couch???

Serious question....have you gone back and watched the exchange. There is only one edcuated conclusion to walk away with it from.

I suggest you do so

TD wanted it to stop. What all he said and his reasoning is unknown....but there is no way you went back and watched AND THEN had the nerve to post that reply

#95 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,114 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

I provided your quotes above, and I listed a number of factors other than money.

He can absolutely make his own decisions based on whatever criteria he wants. My point, however, is that if he lets something as silly as "the fickle local fans who were against him being drafted (or) the local media who bash him if he sneezes too loudly" enter into his decision making process, I'd be disappointed and would lose respect for him.

That kind of thinking would put him in the same category as a thin-skinned flake like Vince Young.  Is a man like that really what you'd hope for Newton to be like?

Me?  Based on what I've seen of him so far, I'd like to believe Newton is infinitely better and smarter than that.

Eh, I've reached my patience limit with discussing this if all you can bring up is Vince Young.

#96 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,451 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

Eh, I've reached my patience limit with discussing this if all you can bring up is Vince Young.

I bring up Young because he's a prime example of the kind of thinking you're suggesting.

I don't buy that Newton thinks that way, nor would I want him to.

#97 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 3,325 posts
  • Location910

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

I swear some of you have no life. You have no more of an idea on what was said than my dog does, yet there is a thread full of speculation on it. Stick to talking about the game.

#98 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,297 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

lol at the discussions in this thread.

095db356_ThisisSewious.jpeg

bunch of ninnies.

#99 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

Serious question....have you gone back and watched the exchange. There is only one edcuated conclusion to walk away with it from.

I suggest you do so

TD wanted it to stop. What all he said and his reasoning is unknown....but there is no way you went back and watched AND THEN had the nerve to post that reply

I suggest you show me your "credentials" showing you have this skill set.

Other then that you can move the fug on with that BS.

I can look serious as hell and be saying the stupidest poo in a conversation. Seen by somebody no where near me.

#100 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,114 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

I bring up Young because he's a prime example of the kind of thinking you're suggesting.

I don't buy that Newton thinks that way, nor would I want him to.

I'm not even going to get into why you feel the need to bring up Young.

It's the same stuff I saw before the 2011 draft.

#101 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,306 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

I would say it is okay to bring this up as the OP did.

Cam is in his third year and most of the media and fan base thinks this is his make/break season on whether he is going to be one of the elite QB's.

Much talk about why he was not a captain last year and if his teammates would vote him in as one this season.

Not that he committed the unforgiveable sin or anything, but it seemed like he was doing "rookie" things rather than "captain" things. TD was trying to do him a big favor. He should thank TD for trying to mentor him. Steve Smith did it earlier in his career. All these guys like him, no doubt, and are pulling for him to "mature" as everyone says they think he will.

Two years ago, this would not have been an issue, Friday night, it was.

#102 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,507 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

I would say it is okay to bring this up as the OP did.

Cam is in his third year and most of the media and fan base thinks this is his make/break season on whether he is going to be one of the elite QB's.

Much talk about why he was not a captain last year and if his teammates would vote him in as one this season.

Not that he committed the unforgiveable sin or anything, but it seemed like he was doing "rookie" things rather than "captain" things. TD was trying to do him a big favor. He should thank TD for trying to mentor him. Steve Smith did it earlier in his career. All these guys like him, no doubt, and are pulling for him to "mature" as everyone says they think he will.

Two years ago, this would not have been an issue, Friday night, it was.

Gross IS/was a captain, and does the same thing! Gross goofs off all the time.

#103 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

I suggest you show me your "credentials" showing you have this skill set.

Other then that you can move the fug on with that BS.

I can look serious as hell and be saying the stupidest poo in a conversation. Seen by somebody no where near me.

Okay.. all you had to say was you didn't go back and actually watch the exchange everyone is goo on about.

I think it is silly anyone cares about it. TD clearly told Cam to stop if you watch it though.....if you don't believe that then you either didn't watch it or you need to literally hear someone say something and refuse to acknowledge the many ways other ways people obviously communicate.

I am on the bandwagon this is dumb. Who cares. Leave Cam only. But you can still acknowledge the reality of what occurred....Davis squashed his fun.

#104 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

Is this a down south thing? This is annoying. Can we talk about football a little? This is the type of thread that makes it hard to stay on topic. This is so not about football. For crying out loud!

#105 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,998 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

HFS
For all we know, TD said "coach needs to talk to you," "Joe Person wants an interview," or "Smitty just mixed yellow and blue gatorade. go get some"

Glad we have entertaining over reactions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com