Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, how worried should we be about Sean Mcdermott?

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Top 8 defense last year, so far, outstanding performance by the D in pre season all through the depth chart. With Hardy in a contract year, additions of Short and Star and 1 year of Kuechly experience. Its a good chance we have a top 5 D this year.

Anyone else worried he will start getting looks as a HC from teams and we lose him?

Posted

I wouldn't worry about it too much, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Meh.

Posted

Next man up...

Posted

Steve Wilks was actually Rivera's first choice as a DC but San Diego didn't let him interview.

If McDermott were to get a new job, I figure the DC spot goes to Wilks.

3 people like this

Posted

It's the nature of the beast, so I ain't worried in the slightest.  if it ever happens..."Next man up!"

Posted

Top 8 defense last year, so far, outstanding performance by the D in pre season all through the depth chart. With Hardy in a contract year, additions of Short and Star and 1 year of Kuechly experience. Its a good chance we have a top 5 D this year.

Anyone else worried he will start getting looks as a HC from teams and we lose him?

I'm worried he will likely be coaching around a big void in talent.... again. I feel no better about the secondary yet.

I don't worry about his future

Posted

I wouldn't be surprised, but there's no sense worrying over things you can't control. Either he stays or he leaves. I hope it's the former, but if not, I have faith that DG, RR, and Big Cat will find a suitable replacement. Don't forget that RR's specialty is defense too. In the meantime, I choose to sit back and watch the thing of beauty I suspect our defense is going to be this year, and enjoy it as long as I can.

Posted

lol two years ago everyone wanted him hung at dawn

Not even 2 years ago. Last f'in year

Posted

My personal opinion: He isn't ready to be a head coach yet.

With that said, I do like the idea that we'd be performing well enough for someone to be interested in our assistants.  That hasn't happened all that often here.

Posted

lol two years ago everyone wanted him hung at dawn

This website never overreacts, and is patient with every member of the organization.

1 person likes this