Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCP

Jake Delhomme: "I will never go to a Saints game."

You can bitch and complain about Jake as long as you like.  Those that do need to remember Jake took us to 12-4 in 08 in the first place. Without Jake and his gunslinging ways who knows where we would have been.

Jake is not in the conversation of Greatest QB of all time but he was a staple and one position we didn't worry about for nearly 6 season. 

Most importantly, Jake was all IN....  He bled Carolina Panther Blue.  His competitive spirit made up for any lack of talent he may have had.  You feel bad about 2008? Angry? Pissed Off?  Just think how he felt.  I can pretty sure guarantee it eats at him far more than it does any of you.

Jake has the best record of all time for the Panthers.  53-37 59%

Panther Records

• Most career passing yards (19,258)   Not bad for 90 games
  • Most career passing touchdowns (120)  1/2 to SS
  • Most career interceptions (89)  Gunslinger Mentality
  • Most career pass completions (1,580) 
  • Most career 4th quarter comeback wins (17) This will take Cam some time to break.
  • Most career game winning drives (23)  23 Game winning drives?  43% of his victories.  Nearly HALF!!!!
  • Best record for starting QB (53-37)  59% most forget that though Fox's record was .500 Jake was nearly .600
  • Most 4th quarter comeback wins in a single season - 5 (2003)  Cardiac Cats
  • Most game winning drive in single season - 8 (2003) Cardiac Cats again
  • Most wins in a single season by starting QB - 12 (2008) That playoff loss should not diminish his legend.

I don't know about the rest of you but I wear my Jake Delhomme Jersey Proudly.    Do you?

Jake should be honored and Cheered everytime he walks into BOA Stadium.  Those of you that don't think so, should regroup and rethink what Jake did for this franchise.

For a pretty good while Jake was a concencus top 5 QB in the league. Hell, I remember a time when the only people ranked ahead of him were Manning/Brady. Just because he had an awful ending doesn't mean he didn't give us a ton of great years and memories. He really does deserve a statue at BoA stadium.

I love watching players that are as competitive as Jake, getting hit and getting up banging there chests, getting the other players going, thats what I enjoy about football so I will always like Jake.

We all love Jake because he left EVERYTHING on the field, was a true team leader, accountable, and down to earth guy.  He might not have been the best QB in the league, but you can't say anyone tried harder.

He got hurt and was never the same. A lot of that blame should be laid on the coaches as his leash was way too long after it was apparent that his shoulder was not the same.  He should be remembered for turning this franchise from the outhouse to the penthouse. Still haven't even sniffed a playoff game since he left, and didn't sniff one for years before he got here.

Jake could very well be the most important Panther ever.  I'm not saying the BEST, but most important.  That 2003 season was special, and I will never forget being apart of that.  Tons of people became fans because of that run.   You'll never find a player with more heart and love for the game than Jake.  He took responsibility for everything, fault or not.  He was a great teammate.  Complete professional while maintaining a likability with the fans.  He wasn't great, but he was a good QB.  He had two different #1 receivers, Moose and Smith.  To judge him on one game is not fair, especially when a good chunk of that game was coaching's fault.  

Thanks God everyday that Jake doesnt play for the Panthers anymore.

Dude. You need to leave the huddle for that comment

Jake could very well be the most important Panther ever.  I'm not saying the BEST, but most important.  That 2003 season was special, and I will never forget being apart of that.  Tons of people became fans because of that run.   You'll never find a player with more heart and love for the game than Jake.  He took responsibility for everything, fault or not.  He was a great teammate.  Complete professional while maintaining a likability with the fans.  He wasn't great, but he was a good QB.  He had two different #1 receivers, Moose and Smith.  To judge him on one game is not fair, especially when a good chunk of that game was coaching's fault.  

I've always said this People wanted to kill Jake. But if people would have actually watched the game, Our HB's were running wild in the game. Then the dumb ass Coaches changed it up to a pass happy game. That was never Jake's strenght. Play action was. Jake was never the QB who would take over a game and win with his arm alone.

I've always said this People wanted to kill Jake. But if people would have actually watched the game, Our HB's were running wild in the game. Then the dumb ass Coaches changed it up to a pass happy game. That was never Jake's strenght. Play action was. Jake was never the QB who would take over a game and win with his arm alone.

Between Jake ripping his pants and Jeff King shitting his pants, there have been some great memories as a Carolina Panthers fan...

Oh and that Super Bowl run.

I saw Jake's ripped pants but Jeff King shitting his pants? Are you serious? If so, post pictures.

well here's jake ripping his pants

also some great highlights from a beautiful ass whupping laid on the falcons to qualify for the playoffs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbnIwOkdHYc

What a warrior! His drawers get ripped on national TV and he just gets them taped up and comes right back in. I miss Jake. Cam has twice the talent that Jake ever had, if only he could have half of his fire, he would be unstoppable.