Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soccer '13-'14 season

1,271 posts in this topic

Posted

Lamela's move to Tottenham appears to imminent.  Ljajic is officially a Roma player and took Lamela's #8 shirt.  Lamela's arrival will trigger the release of Bale (finally).  Also, there's a lot of steam building up that the Bale transfer will be one payment of 75 million pounds.  If that's the case I'm ecstatic....

Oh and AVB said the transfer could happen very very soon so there's that....

Posted

Interesting... Juan Mata dad who is also his agent was spotted in Arsenal directors suit. Chelsea just completed a move for Willian and supposed to complete a move for another winger from Porto. Cazorla and Mata would give Arsenal a sick midfield if that to happen. I know Mourinho would think twice before selling to rivals but him and Wenger are in pretty good relationship so who knows.

Posted

Roma officially announces transfer of Lamela.  Bale to RM should be announced within next 24 hours I would think, with presentation on Friday....

Posted

I hope so.. I'm as sick to death of this circus as much as anyone.

I am curious though as to who we go after the final week to "replace" Bale, since Willian decided being a bench-warmer was preferable for a couple of million pounds, which is where he'll be unless Chumpski gets stupid and sells Mata.

Sorry Arsen, I doubt that they sell him, and if they do, it most likely won't be to a BPL team, especially not Arsenal or even Spurs.

Edit: Not even sure we'd need to pick up anyone just yet, as the guys we have in place are doing very well so far. Just going to take time for cohesiveness and to learn each other's talents. I'd like to see us pick up a no-brainer like Mata, or wait until the Winter window to see how we fare.

Posted

Probably wishful thinking on my part. I expect Spurs to spank Arsenal this week. Arsenal depleted and tired and I do not see how they can even compete this Sunday.

Posted

Probably wishful thinking on my part. I expect Spurs to spank Arsenal this week. Arsenal depleted and tired and I do not see how they can even compete this Sunday.

Just don't concede a penalty. That seems to be Tottenham's only scoring method.

2 people like this

Posted

Just don't concede a penalty. That seems to be Tottenham's only scoring method.

LOL funny...

I watched them play the last few weeks and they had many chances but failed to convert.

Posted

LOL funny...

I watched them play the last few weeks and they had many chances but failed to convert.

I'm mostly just being an ass. Tottenham will come together, I think. They have definitely made some chances for themselves.

Posted

I'm mostly just being an ass. Tottenham will come together, I think. They have definitely made some chances for themselves.

Nah.. Arsen's right - that was funny :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Champs League Group Stage draw tomorrow

Pot 1: Bayern, Barcelona, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Man U, Arsenal, Porto, Benfica

Pot 2: Atletico Madrid, Shaktar Donetsk, AC Milan, Schalke, Marseille, CSKA, PSG, Juve

Pot 3: Zenit, Man City, Ajax, Dortmund, Basel, Olympiacos, Galatasaray, Leverkusen

Pot 4: Copenhagen, Napoli, Anderlecht, Celtic, Steaua Bucaresti, Viktoria Plzen, Real Sociedad, Austria Wien

Posted

Podolski out for two months with his injury.  Will Arsene finally buy a player now??

Posted

Probably not lol... Or if they do, probably some guy no one ever heard of for £6m. As an Arsenal fan, I don't know where transfer money go. Arsenal books show £200m available in transfer funds but I doubt these money's exist.