Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soccer '13-'14 season

1,271 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

After Countinho went out, Liverpool fall apart.

Arsenal lost Cazorla until mid October. Arsenal plays Liverpool in the begging of November and by that time they should have back from injuries Cazorla, Podolski, Arteta, Diaby and Chamberlain.

It was before Coutinho went out. We had the lead starting the second half, so tactically BR called off. We haven't scored a second half goal this season.

Posted · Report post

It was before Coutinho went out. We had the lead starting the second half, so tactically BR called off. We haven't scored a second half goal this season.

Well, season just started so I wouldn't worry yet.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Coutinho likely out until November.  Has to undergo shoulder surgery.  Hopefully he will be fit for Arsenal.

Posted · Report post

UEFA Group stage opened yesterday. The most impressive performance has to be Real Madrid (and no I don't think I'm being biased). They went into Turkey and smacked Galatasaray to the tune of 6-1, including a hat trick from Cristiano Ronaldo. Bale also played for about 25 minutes, and looked very good despite not being able to play at full pace yet in my opinion.  Excited about this squad as they're still missing Marcelo, Coentrao, Varane, and Alonso.  They should continue to improve throughout La Liga & Champions League play.  Man U had a couple of warts in their match, but still got a solid two goal win.  PSG, City and Bayern also had dominating performances. Surprise of the day has to be Kobenhavn playing to a draw vs Juventus.  

Some big clubs in action today including Barcelona, Dortmund and Chelsea....

Posted · Report post

Turkish clubs suck... Arsenal spanked Fenerbach 4-0 in their house with only 4 regular team starters. I think the most impressive win was Shakhtar vs Real Sociedad. No one expected Shakhtar to be so aggressive vs Spanish club.

Posted · Report post

Turkish clubs suck... Arsenal spanked Fenerbach 4-0 in their house with only 4 regular team starters. I think the most impressive win was Shakhtar vs Real Sociedad. No one expected Shakhtar to be so aggressive vs Spanish club.

Galatasaray made it to last year's quarters. They are nothing to scoff at.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

They had an easy schedule last year... Just like Shakhtar did the year before.

Posted · Report post

Alright I'm a VERY casual fan. But how the fuck/ why did Madrid let Ozil go to Arsenal? I know I'm late on this one. 

Posted · Report post

Arsenal wins, Chelsea loses. Great day.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Chelsea been struggling.. Mourinho might get fired within a month... lol

Posted · Report post

Alright I'm a VERY casual fan. But how the fug/ why did Madrid let Ozil go to Arsenal? I know I'm late on this one.

Ozil was deemed expendable once the Bale deal was finalized.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Alright I'm a VERY casual fan. But how the fug/ why did Madrid let Ozil go to Arsenal? I know I'm late on this one. 

Isco and Bale made Ozil expendable. There's also some belief that Ozil's manager (his father) had a falling out with RM President Florentino Perez, and that Ozil didn't want to fight for his spot in starting 11. Not sure how true either is, if I had to believe one it would be his father having a falling out with Perez.  Find it hard to believe Ozil told press at an Adidas presentation that he was happy in Madrid and was excited to compete and win trophies with the club, only to be traded 5 days later because he "didn't want to fight for his spot".  Either way someone had to go after they spent so much on Bale, and while I hoped it was di Maria and Coentrao, they got the same amount they would have for those two by selling Ozil.  As long as Isco doesn't get hurt they'll be fine and are one of the few favorites to win the Champions League next May, but as a huge Ozil fan I hate to see him go...

1 person likes this

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments