Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soccer '13-'14 season

1,271 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Arsenal got screwed by a ref lol

Every fan seen this coming except Arsene...

Posted · Report post

Fans throwing garbage at Arsene Wenger and chanting bad things. Love it.

Posted · Report post

Looks like Arsenal will have no choice but to make a couple of half-assed signings at the deadline like they did a couple years ago with Mertesacker and Santos.

Though personally I'm hoping that after the game today Arsene goes back to talking about Rooney and Suarez and how Arsenal is still trying to bring in a big name, just for the laughs

Posted · Report post

I think it's too late and Arsenal will lose a lot fans. I think damage has been done. You do not lie to ur fans, season ticket holders and your players. You just don't do that.

Posted · Report post

Liverpool with a nice 3 points today, but it's a bit disconcerting to see one goal on 20+ shots. Same situation as last season. Someone has to start finishing.

Posted · Report post

Its not like this is new though, they've said the same thing for the last 5 years.  As long as they add a couple decent players at the deadline, Arsenal could absolutely finish top 4 again.  Hell, they didnt even sell the team captain this year, so thats an improvement

Posted · Report post

Arsenal supposed to have £400m in transfer funds... I highly doubt they do. I think these £400m went to some people pockets. Aka, Arsenal got defrauded by owner and upper management. Especially after Arsenal owner bought a ranch in Colorado and paid $150m in cash for it when he supposedly still be in debt. Arsene probably got a good chunk to keep his mouth shut.

Posted · Report post

That Van Persie goal.....WOW

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Lol, Sagna is hurt... Arsenal have no more FB. Who seem injury prone Sagna getting hurt? Not Arsene of course...

To be fair, he took a hell of a shot to the neck. I'm honestly surprised he got up on his own volition. My first thought when I saw it was that he might have broken his neck there. Glad to see he can still walk :)

But yeah, I think Arsenal might be a bit screwed unless they change some things up soon. I never count them out, but they could play spoiler to a lot of teams this season. I agreed with the first yellow on your LCB, but not the second resulting in the red. That was a flop show by the attacker from Villa. Of course, that might have been their version of Wilshire's diving antics. That man cries too much for his own good.

Overall, it was a very, very intense and exciting game from both sides. Your best player today was Rosicki, he is an extremely dangerous man.

Posted · Report post

That Van Persie goal.....WOW

Either one was worthy of a wow.  Here comes number 21 for United...

Posted · Report post

Either one was worthy of a wow.  Here comes number 21 for United...

Unlikely. They were outplayed for the entire match. RVP will score if given the chance, but the other big boys can play with and above United this season.

Posted · Report post

Someone tell me why I have 13 soccer jerseys, 4 soccer polos, and a soccer T-shirt all in my closet right now even though I haven't watched a non-international game in years?