Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soccer '13-'14 season

1,271 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Due to Madrid's "I want it all now" approach to business, I'd there are only 2 players on their roster I would consider off limits. Bale and Ronaldo, with Ronaldo being just a few years away from a move himself. Isco is a great talent, but right now he doesn't fit the formation or tactical play Ancelotti is running.

Personally, I don't really want Isco. I've always been weary of players who have spent their entire careers in La Liga making a move to Prem.

That's been the issue in the past. Real is the Laker/Yankee version of Club Futbol. Still, I'd like to think that Madrid is more interested in developing their young talent instead of moving it for a player like Suarez who is in his prime now. Granted, Isco doesn't necessarily fit everything Ancelotti wants to do. For example, The False 9. However, he's saved our asses on multiple occasions. Now, Isco could end up being a poor man's version of Iniesta but I'm willing to take that risk. I believe Ancelotti feels the same way despite having to accommodate Isco with other formations in order to play at times.

I'd argue that Jese and Varane are on that list with Ronaldo and Bale.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

That's been the issue in the past. Real is the Laker/Yankee version of Club Futbol. Still, I'd like to think that Madrid is more interested in developing their young talent instead of moving it for a player like Suarez who is in his prime now. Granted, Isco doesn't necessarily fit everything Ancelotti wants to do. For example, The False 9. However, he's saved our asses on multiple occasions. Now, Isco could end up being a poor man's version of Iniesta but I'm willing to take that risk. I believe Ancelotti feels the same way despite having to accommodate Isco with other formations in order to play at times.

I'd argue that Jese and Varane are on that list with Ronaldo and Bale.

It would definitely be the wise thing to do, holding on to these young players and letting them develop in the system. We shall see. Summer transfer windows are always exciting and filled with drama. Who knows what will unfold. I've stopped trying to guess what's going to happen on the business end of European football.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

10153065_706927046016556_446996151560503

HAHAHA Moyes....

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

looooooooooooooooooool

Posted · Report post

Confirmed: Moyes has gone. Surely Spurs will go in for him now? Klopp would be great but I can't see him leaving them, although I also can't see them taking a risk with someone like Giggs. Still, at least with Giggs they'll be good playing away ;) [attachment=8270:ImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1398152306.732734.jpg]

Posted · Report post

To me, it makes the most sense for United to go with Van Gaal and have Giggs ready in waiting. I can't see Klopp wanting to leave Borussia unless United come at him with something spectacular.

Posted · Report post

Ryan Giggs is now the first person in history to have both played and managed Man Utd and slept with his brother's wife. ;)
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Reports everywhere that Wenger will sign Benzima this summer and Madrid will get Suarez.

This would be amazing if true.

Posted · Report post

Reports everywhere that Wenger will sign Benzima this summer and Madrid will get Suarez.

This would be amazing if true.

I hate this move. Benzema has played brilliantly for us lately. Yeah, he's struggled but his passing and crosses have given Ronaldo and Bale opportunities. I don't know why Madrid is so interested in Suarez. All this is gonna do is send Morata packing too. Granted, this transfer would give Real a three-headed attack beast but I'm not certain this move would be beneficial in the long run.

Posted · Report post

I hate this move. Benzema has played brilliantly for us lately. Yeah, he's struggled but his passing and crosses have given Ronaldo and Bale opportunities. I don't know why Madrid is so interested in Suarez. All this is gonna do is send Morata packing too. Granted, this transfer would give Real a three-headed attack beast but I'm not certain this move would be beneficial in the long run.

Don't worry. Arsenal has been "going to sign" Benzema since like 2012. Wenger will lowball Madrid and inevitably settle for some obscure French striker currently playing in Eredivisie.

Madrid are interested in signing Suarez because of the money it will bring. While they are currently the favorites to win the Champions League, if they signed Suarez they'd be favorites to win just about everything next year too. They'd also get the kit sales, player unveiling, and everything else that goes with such a massive signing. It's very valuable to them. This is all assuming that he doesn't bite or racially abuse anything, of course.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

04142012_preview_bayernmadrid_header1.jp

The day is finally here. Great test for Madrid tonight, hopefully they can take advantage of Bayern's current poor form. Sounds like Ronaldo will play, but Bale is a bit of a question mark with the flu. Hopefully he can get out there too, even if he can't go the full 90....

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Bale will play. He won't miss this opportunity. I'm excited for this match. It gets me so pumped for next season now that LFC have officially qualified for UCL.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments