1270 replies to this topic

#196 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

UEFA Group stage opened yesterday. The most impressive performance has to be Real Madrid (and no I don't think I'm being biased). They went into Turkey and smacked Galatasaray to the tune of 6-1, including a hat trick from Cristiano Ronaldo. Bale also played for about 25 minutes, and looked very good despite not being able to play at full pace yet in my opinion.  Excited about this squad as they're still missing Marcelo, Coentrao, Varane, and Alonso.  They should continue to improve throughout La Liga & Champions League play.  Man U had a couple of warts in their match, but still got a solid two goal win.  PSG, City and Bayern also had dominating performances. Surprise of the day has to be Kobenhavn playing to a draw vs Juventus.  

Some big clubs in action today including Barcelona, Dortmund and Chelsea....

#197 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,715 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

Turkish clubs suck... Arsenal spanked Fenerbach 4-0 in their house with only 4 regular team starters. I think the most impressive win was Shakhtar vs Real Sociedad. No one expected Shakhtar to be so aggressive vs Spanish club.

#198 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,611 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

Turkish clubs suck... Arsenal spanked Fenerbach 4-0 in their house with only 4 regular team starters. I think the most impressive win was Shakhtar vs Real Sociedad. No one expected Shakhtar to be so aggressive vs Spanish club.

Galatasaray made it to last year's quarters. They are nothing to scoff at.

#199 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,715 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

They had an easy schedule last year... Just like Shakhtar did the year before.

#200 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

Alright I'm a VERY casual fan. But how the fug/ why did Madrid let Ozil go to Arsenal? I know I'm late on this one. 

#201 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

Arsenal wins, Chelsea loses. Great day.

#202 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,715 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

Chelsea been struggling.. Mourinho might get fired within a month... lol

#203 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

Alright I'm a VERY casual fan. But how the fug/ why did Madrid let Ozil go to Arsenal? I know I'm late on this one.

Ozil was deemed expendable once the Bale deal was finalized.

#204 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

Isco and Bale made Ozil expendable. There's also some belief that Ozil's manager (his father) had a falling out with RM President Florentino Perez, and that Ozil didn't want to fight for his spot in starting 11. Not sure how true either is, if I had to believe one it would be his father having a falling out with Perez.  Find it hard to believe Ozil told press at an Adidas presentation that he was happy in Madrid and was excited to compete and win trophies with the club, only to be traded 5 days later because he "didn't want to fight for his spot".  Either way someone had to go after they spent so much on Bale, and while I hoped it was di Maria and Coentrao, they got the same amount they would have for those two by selling Ozil.  As long as Isco doesn't get hurt they'll be fine and are one of the few favorites to win the Champions League next May, but as a huge Ozil fan I hate to see him go...

#205 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,715 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

So far Ozil was as good as advertised... His passing is high quality. Walcott should of scored 6 goals in last 2 games the way Ozil set him up. Can't wait until Arsenal players comeback from injuries...

#206 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

So far Ozil was as good as advertised... His passing is high quality. Walcott should of scored 6 goals in last 2 games the way Ozil set him up. Can't wait until Arsenal players comeback from injuries...

Yea his passing is ridiculously good, he just needs to get better as a scorer. I fully expect him to improve his goal scoring ability while at Arsenal. I'm still salty about that deal, though watching Isco makes me feel a little better.

#207 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,715 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

At Arsenal he will have to score... He should of scored twice against Sunderland. When everyone healthy, Arsenal front 6 will look...

Giroud
Ozil-Cazorla-Walcott
Wilsher-Ramsey

Which is one of the better squads Arsenal has had in a while. Ramsey has been on fire this year... He scored 6 times in last 7 games.

#208 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

At Arsenal he will have to score... He should of scored twice against Sunderland. When everyone healthy, Arsenal front 6 will look...

Giroud
Ozil-Cazorla-Walcott
Wilsher-Ramsey

Which is one of the better squads Arsenal has had in a while. Ramsey has been on fire this year... He scored 6 times in last 7 games.

Madrid fans said this a lot since he got there.  I agree, he'll improve and start scoring at a higher rate at Arsenal out of necessity.

#209 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,611 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Perez said that Ozil "couldn't cope with the pressure" at Madrid.

#210 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,611 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Madrid fans said this a lot since he got there.  I agree, he'll improve and start scoring at a higher rate at Arsenal out of necessity.

If Arsenal fans are expecting Ozil to be a scorer, they are in for disappointment.  That's not his game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com