Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rayzor

smitty interview on 'the drive'

rayzor    10,329

btw, if anyone who actually got to listen to the interview could provide some context for some of those statements it would be great.

the two that i would like to hear more about is the shula/davidson (non)comparison and jeff byers (did he just mention him, or did he mention others?)

1989    271

Loved this:

Smith: "There's no place I'd rather be, no place I'd rather play, no place I'd rather call home than Charlotte, NC."

• Pie 2

TheRed    17,992

Smitty is the man. Who was asking these questions though? Jeff Davidson? Come on man, lol.

I can't remember is Taylor said it but smith agreed the difference between Davidson and Shula is that Davidson's approach was a "check down to touchdown kind of guy" while Shula is a "touchdown to check down kind of guy". In regards to how conservative they are on offense.

The fear is becoming the run, run, pass, punt offense again but they mentioned that it will be nowhere near as conservative as it was back in those days.

Basically saying, yes we will run the ball more but in no way is Shula as conservative as Davidson.

• Pie 3

SpeedOFLight    577

Great find! He does seem more vocal and positive. That is a good thing. He is building his team mates up which is a big confidence booster

SpeedOFLight    577

Great find! He does seem more vocal and positive. That is a good thing. He is building his team mates up which is a big confidence booster

CarolinaNCSU    5,200

Not to make it into a Cam thread, but the checking egos at the door comment was nice. Shows the maturity of Cam, and probably Smitty loosening up a bit and letting this be a little more Cam's offense as opposed to the Smitty of old demanding the ball constantly/being pissed if he wasn't getting it. 

Love the praise for Barner (if he becomes anything like Dunn, awesome), and Norman especially. I was on the Norman bandwagon last year and feel like he has the attitude and talent to become a great corner for us. 

• Pie 1