Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smitty interview on 'the drive'

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

btw, if anyone who actually got to listen to the interview could provide some context for some of those statements it would be great.

the two that i would like to hear more about is the shula/davidson (non)comparison and jeff byers (did he just mention him, or did he mention others?)

Posted · Report post

Loved this:

Smith: "There's no place I'd rather be, no place I'd rather play, no place I'd rather call home than Charlotte, NC."

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

:,)

Posted · Report post

Smitty is the man. Who was asking these questions though? Jeff Davidson? Come on man, lol.

Posted · Report post

I can't remember is Taylor said it but smith agreed the difference between Davidson and Shula is that Davidson's approach was a "check down to touchdown kind of guy" while Shula is a "touchdown to check down kind of guy". In regards to how conservative they are on offense.

The fear is becoming the run, run, pass, punt offense again but they mentioned that it will be nowhere near as conservative as it was back in those days.

Basically saying, yes we will run the ball more but in no way is Shula as conservative as Davidson.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Is there any better panther?  Seriously, he is the man.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I love the tough love comments about Norman more than anything.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He will get a statue for sure! Hopefully right beside Jerry Richardsons!

Posted · Report post

Fantastic. Smith is the greatest Panther of all time and I am very excited about both Norman and Barner.

Posted · Report post

Great find! He does seem more vocal and positive. That is a good thing. He is building his team mates up which is a big confidence booster

Posted · Report post

Great find! He does seem more vocal and positive. That is a good thing. He is building his team mates up which is a big confidence booster