Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

What are you guys looking for tomorrow night?

Best Answer PhillyB, 14 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

1) interior pressure on the defensive line

2) norman's pass coverage

3) extended time on the field for mike mitchell

4) brad nortman's punts

5) david gettis (much more upside than hixon if he's healthy and consistent IMO)

6) our linebackers covering mobile quarterbacks (this applies to the entire defense i suppose)

7) kugbila and williams at RG - a battle crucial to our success

8) kenjon barner - if he can hold onto the ball and gain positive yardage against the ones he'll see significant playing time this year (i really want to see him on some wheel routes.)

9) brandon williams. an emergence of a gronk-esque threat at TE2 would do wonders for our offensive potency

10) cam's socks

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

Well, we have Newton and he is by far the best offensive weapon...and it isn't close. So shouldn't our offense ultimately be about what he does best?

I agree, just as this post, that's in response to another post, suggests. I'd like to see better ball control, from the run and pass. With the offensive weapons we have, we can be dynamic...

#62 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,323 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

As an offense you react to the defense. We cant run if the other team is stacking the box with 8-9 men. Got to kill them with the pass. If the box is light and they are defending the pass, kill them with the run. 

I wasn't offering a game plan, I was responding to the thread title of what I wanted to see in our next preseason game. Although I do agree with yours, however if the defense is stacking the box with 8 or 9, then we have already established that we can run, now we kill em with the pass but keep it mixed up so that we're not predictable. 

#63 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,950 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

Homerism aside, I honestly see Carolina absolutely thrashing Philadelphia.

Their offensive line might be the worst in the league. Vick and Foles are in trouble. They won't get more than 10-15 yards against our starters.

Offensively we should put up 2 touchdowns with our starters. Cam is still pissed off about the pick 6.

Prepare to hear all week about how Philadelphia let the poo Panthers D rape them.

The most they will get is 15 yards against our starters? We don't have anyone that can keep up with Jackson.....

I don't think the Eagles can be consistant on offense. I would easily wager Jackson gets at least that on one play by himself

#64 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

I saw Foles is starting, I guess not putting Vick out there against Monsters Inc is probably a good idea for Philly

#65 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,950 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

I saw Foles is starting, I guess not putting Vick out there against Monsters Inc is probably a good idea for Philly

I think Kelly is having a real QB competition....said awhile back the vet would get the first start and Foles the 2nd.

#66 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

i wonder if he would have this competition if vick was generally a 16 games a year guy

#67 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

Is Vick gonna get any reps with the 1's?

#68 44johnson

44johnson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

I want to see faster execution of the offense. Too many times last week, the play clock got down to single digits. 

#69 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

Is Vick gonna get any reps with the 1's?

Last I heard, yes.  He will not start but will rotate in to get reps with the 1's

#70 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

See how our former Hurney mistake Everette Brown does against our OL

#71 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• ALL-PRO
  • 901 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

I want to see faster execution of the offense. Too many times last week, the play clock got down to single digits

That's usually par for the course. With Shula in charge, expect to see more of it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com