Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sorenson says Gettis "Perpetually" Open in Tuesday's Camp.

122 posts in this topic

Posted

There is no competition for our #1 or #2 WR spots...

Kinda sad that the most legit competition in a decade is who will be the 3 or 4....

Sad? I'd go with "great."

Pretty nice luxury to have a #1 as good as Smitty for so long. The number 2 spot is another discussion entirely...

Posted

KK, I'm not trying to be funny, but wth does Adams have to learn? Returning is a natural skill, really, and Adams has done it for years.  Ginn can't teach him how to catch the ball. Ginn surely can't teach him how to hold on to the ball, as he's had fumbleitis issues during his career himself.  

If we look to the future, I think we will keep Adams (provided he holds on to the ball).  If we're not concerned about the long term future, then I think that they'll weigh everything else that Pilares does in conjunction with his avg returning, vs Adams potential electricity at returning.  I think that Barner has outplayed return duties, but he's always an option for the future if they decide to dump them both.

As you can see, I don't put too much stock in Ginn being here for more than a year, but wonders never cease.

I agree, I can not see Ginn here next year, if Joe Adams shows stops fumbling the ball and plays well I would almost cut Ginn to give a younger guy a shot, assuming Ginn does not improve as a receiver over the next several weeks.

Posted

Just cut Hixon then.  He's no good to the Panthers on a bike and has missed so much of camp, where will his rhythm be? 

2 people like this

Posted

Future WR depth chart

LaFell, Gettis and AE in the slot

Hurney Magic. LOL

Posted

#1 is Steve effing Smith, #2 is the continually improving and yet underrated by his own fanbase Brandon LaFell. And LaFell has been pretty open about feeling the heat behind him.

Doesn't matter who 1 and 2 are....

If your most legit competition in a decade is who your 3 or 4 WR is....that is weak. Smitty should be a 2 at this stage but we have neglected WR

Posted

Sounds like it is going to be a tough call come cut time.

I have never been more excited for the preseaon to watch it all play out.

Posted

So we go from the "Gettis legend" from 2010-mid season 2012, then to the "Gettis myth" from mid 2012 (doghouse days) to the first pre-season game, now we're back to the legend. ugh. He needs to decide which he wants to be.

Posted

I think Gettis makes the team, he looks fully recovered. I think Ginn will be special teams only, I wouldn't cry over Pilares and Adams getting cut.

1 person likes this

Posted

If Gettis gets cut, yet Armanti makes the team, BOA should be burned to the ground.

Posted

If Gettis gets cut, yet Armanti makes the team, BOA should be burned to the ground.

Why? Gettis is a 6th round pick that has done diddly the last 2 years....

Posted

Why? Gettis is a 6th round pick that has done diddly the last 2 years....

Gettis is tall, strong, and one of the fastest players on the team.

Armanti is short, weak, and slow.

Gettis outplayed Steve Smith by miles as a rookie.

Armanti has contributed only slightly more than you or I in three seasons.

Posted

This has been the most legit competition the Panthers have had a WR in a decade.

However it playes out, we win.

i love how you can spell a simple fuging word such as "plays" wrong yet your post still gets like 5 pies.  not fair