Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sorenson says Gettis "Perpetually" Open in Tuesday's Camp.

122 posts in this topic

Posted

we drafted Brown in 09' when it was inevitable Peppers wasn't coming back who was a first round prospect at the time, but as an OLB.  Pep was a Bear in 10', the mess was created in 10/11'

Again back to Hurney and Reaching in the draft.  We go out and get a 3-4 OLB who was projected late 1st early 2nd before his stock started to fall, to replace a pro bowl DE, when we could have had a 1st round calibre DE in the 2010 draft to replace Pep for the 2010-2011 season once Pep left.

Posted

Again back to Hurney and Reaching in the draft.  We go out and get a 3-4 OLB who was projected late 1st early 2nd before his stock started to fall, to replace a pro bowl DE, when we could have had a 1st round calibre DE in the 2010 draft to replace Pep for the 2010-2011 season once Pep left.

i'll give it to you, you're hindsight is 20/20!

Hurney has been gone, dead and obvious issue.

Posted

AE was the only reach everybody knew was bad at the time it happened.

Posted

If Gettis gets cut, yet Armanti makes the team, BOA should be burned to the ground.

I don't know what is more immature, your comments or your avatar.

1 person likes this

Posted

I will reserve judgement to until after the third pre season game but I think that at this point it might be a little extreme to burn anything down, unless Gettis really tears it up the rest of the pre season. 

Posted

please do. Get started.

Receivers picked between pick #17 (what would have been Carolina's 1st round pick had they not traded up for Everette Brown in 2009) and pick #48 (where Carolina picked Jimmy Clausen).

#22 - Demaryius Thomas (94 receptions, 1424 yards, 10 TDs last year)

#24 - Dez Bryant (82 receptions, 1382 yards, 12 TDs last year)

#42 - Rob Gronkowski (55 receptions, 790 yards, 11 TDs last year, in 11 games)

omitted #39 Arrelious Benn for irrelevance.  And I know Gronkowski is a TE, but I felt the need to throw him in there.

Both Thomas and Bryant's stats were better than Steve Smith's last year (73 receptions, 1174 yards, 4 TDs) so you're already wrong.  Carolina has had a chance to draft receivers better than Steve Smith.  Poor draft decision making has prevented that from happening.

Receivers picked between #33 (what would have been Carolina's 2nd round pick had they not traded up for Armanti Edwards) and #65, where Carolina selected Terrell McClain.

#58 - Torrey Smith (49 receptions, 855 yards, 8 TDs last year)

#59 - Greg Little (53 receptions, 647 yards, 4 TDs)

#64 - Randall Cobb (80 receptions, 954 yards, 8 TDs)

omitted #44 Titus Young for irrelevance.

If Steve Smith went down Carolina would easily have the worst WR corps in the league.  Don't say they haven't had the chance to do better, because they have.  Hindsight is 20/20 but when your top receiver is 34 and for over a decade they haven't been able to groom someone behind him, something is seriously wrong.  Maybe Gettleman can find someone.

1 person likes this

Posted

The F***** Huddle...only place a thread about a player standing can turn to s****.

On topic Gettis is looking good, and Ginn with Cam at QB also looked a lot better.

Posted

I'm more worried about our OL than the receiving corps.

Posted

That's a bit ridiculous. Goodson got more than one season to prove himself, or not prove himself as it ended up being of course. With all the time Armanti and even Gettis have gotten, Joe deserves one more season.

I will tell you something that is ridiculous.  A theory that suggests Adams should be given as much time as other players because that would be fair to him.   Do you really think it works that way?

Here are facts:

Smitty, Lafell, Edwards, Gettis, Ginn, Hixon/Adams/Pilares.    Should we keep Adams because he deserves one more season based on some code of fairness you believe is in play?   If Adams cannot contribute to special teams or make the top 6 WR on the depth chart, the Panthers will deal him if they can or waive him if they cannot.  He needs to beat out Hixon, more than likely or life will be unfair for him. 

Posted

I will tell you something that is ridiculous. A theory that suggests Adams should be given as much time as other players because that would be fair to him. Do you really think it works that way?

Here are facts:

Smitty, Lafell, Edwards, Gettis, Ginn, Hixon/Adams/Pilares. Should we keep Adams because he deserves one more season based on some code of fairness you believe is in play? If Adams cannot contribute to special teams or make the top 6 WR on the depth chart, the Panthers will deal him if they can or waive him if they cannot. He needs to beat out Hixon, more than likely or life will be unfair for him.

It's a good thing all coaches and GM's don't think like this and just give up on a wide receiver after one season. There's a reason why we are here discussing things on a message board and they are there in the front office.

Posted

It's a good thing all coaches and GM's don't think like this and just give up on a wide receiver after one season. There's a reason why we are here discussing things on a message board and they are there in the front office.

You have to put him somewhere. If you start using roster spots to develop 3-year projects, you are at a disadvantage,  If he can't make the top 6, chances are he is not worth the time it would take to get him up to average.  Adams would have to win the PR job.  If he cannot, he does not earn a jersey.

Posted

Smith

Gettis

LaFell

Ginn

AE

Adams

Cuts: Hixon, Pilares